Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1757997 - 11/14/12 07:41 PM looking for name of CDN TV series
Trees Offline
Power Poster
This is one for people who are great at searching Google, etc. I have given up, however....

In the late 1980's early 1990s there was a TV series made in Canada. Essentially it is similar to the Ann of Green Gables style.

In this other series, it begins with the father getting stung by bees and dying, leaving his wife and kids. It takes place probably in the mid-1900s. The family moves in with the husband's rich but cold family. Story continues with how the kids adjust, the Mother adjusts and meets some new people, etc.

I can't find the name of the series. Any help will be appreciated. (My sister is an Ann fan so I would like to find this one and recommend it to her).
Last edited by Trees; 11/14/12 07:42 PM.
Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1758001 - 11/14/12 07:49 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series Trees
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1758006 - 11/14/12 07:51 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series Trees
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
I've been to the Ann of Green Gables house on a cruise stop. Not that it's really related to your question, but I could email you pictures....

I believe you're remembering Killer Bees--a 1974 made for TV horror movie featuring Gloria Swanson that originally aired on ABC on February 26, 1974. The film, which was directed by Curtis Harrington, had a very small cast, including Kate Jackson, Craig Stevens, John Getz, and Edward Albert.

I've been freaked out by bees ever since. And Zuni fetish dolls thanks to the Trilogy of Terror.

Return to Top
#1758008 - 11/14/12 07:53 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series Trees
A_G Offline
10K Club
The Beverly Hillbillies?

Return to Top
#1758010 - 11/14/12 07:56 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series A_G
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
It wasn't Bee Movie, was it?

Return to Top
#1758011 - 11/14/12 07:57 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series 'Lil Freak!
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
AG I beelieve you are incorrect (see what I did just there....???) laugh

Return to Top
#1758019 - 11/14/12 08:13 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series Trees
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1758037 - 11/14/12 08:39 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series 'Lil Freak!
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
I've been to the Ann of Green Gables house on a cruise stop. Not that it's really related to your question, but I could email you pictures....

I believe you're remembering Killer Bees--a 1974 made for TV horror movie featuring Gloria Swanson that originally aired on ABC on February 26, 1974. The film, which was directed by Curtis Harrington, had a very small cast, including Kate Jackson, Craig Stevens, John Getz, and Edward Albert.

I've been freaked out by bees ever since. And Zuni fetish dolls thanks to the Trilogy of Terror.
Is that the one where they drove the VW covered with bees into the Astrodome and turned on the AC until the bees died?

Return to Top
#1758045 - 11/14/12 08:52 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series 'Lil Freak!
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
...Kate Jackson...

I used to have the biggest crush on Kate Jackson... what I wouldn't have given to spend some time with Mrs. King... ::swoon::

Return to Top
#1758048 - 11/14/12 09:04 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series Trees
Trees Offline
Power Poster
EdAudit. Thanks!! The series was called Wind at My Back. I found it with your second link!!! If there are any Anne of Green Gables types out there, (all two of you) looking for a family type series, you may want to check this one out. Sometimes we need something where the focus is not how many bullets fly through the air each episode. Also good for nostalgia types.

Return to Top
#1758057 - 11/14/12 09:31 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series Blade Scrapper
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: Swimware

Is that the one where they drove the VW covered with bees into the Astrodome and turned on the AC until the bees died?

LOL--yes, that's the one!

She controls the bees. They'll kill for her -- and die for her. She's their queen... and she'll live forever.

Return to Top
#1758066 - 11/14/12 09:39 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series Trees
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Father killed by bees? Sounds a little too violent for me...... I'll stick with the Walking Dead.

Return to Top
#1758083 - 11/14/12 10:26 PM Re: looking for name of CDN TV series Trees
cbu3 Offline
Gold Star
CA
Awwww, I thought this thread was one looking for a name of a Canadian TV show that we were all going to write together....

Trees, I'm glad you found the name of the series! laugh

Return to Top