Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#1916836 - 04/23/14 04:56 PM What's your favorite unsolved mystery?
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
What's the most fascinating real-life mystery you've read/seen a documentary/lived near. And what do you think the answer is?

For me it's probably the JFK assassination. Unfortunately, the more and more i find out about it, the more convinced I am that it was Oswald acting alone. No super complex conspiracy smirk

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1916838 - 04/23/14 05:03 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I think the incident in Siberia back in what....1910.....(asteroid? UFO? something else) is pretty interesting.

Return to Top
#1916839 - 04/23/14 05:06 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Robert Stack was pretty cool in that show.

I don't really remember any of the episodes though. Been a while.

Return to Top
#1916848 - 04/23/14 05:21 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Socks. What the heck happens to my socks!?!?!?!

Return to Top
#1916849 - 04/23/14 05:21 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Maybe Pale can shed some light on the 191008 incident.
Last edited by RR Joker; 04/23/14 05:23 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1916857 - 04/23/14 05:30 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? RR Joker
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
Maybe Pale can shed some light on the 191008 incident.

Of course he can't the do things to your memory (see men in black(it was a good movie))

CAMS

Return to Top
#1916862 - 04/23/14 05:42 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I see what you did there, Ed. smirk

Return to Top
#1916869 - 04/23/14 05:46 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I remember a little flashy light and the rest of that movie is a blank for me. eek

My favorite unsolved mystery is Roanoke Island. As a child, I remember being completely fascinated with how all those people could just disappear!

Return to Top
#1916870 - 04/23/14 05:49 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Oooh.....good one there ^^^^...had forgotten about that one.

Return to Top
#1916871 - 04/23/14 05:49 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? BurntSienna
Peepers Offline
10K Club
why some people enjoy soccer, there's a mystery that may go unsolved forever

Return to Top
#1916872 - 04/23/14 05:50 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Ok, more generally interesting than socks, is the unbelievable belief in Yeti, Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Skunkape, etc. While I would love to think there might be, I think it was a critter called Gigantopethicus Blackie that has been gone for quite some time and just exists in the collective memory. Is there evidence, yup. But very fuzzy.
Nessie - Again, fun idea but no chance.

Notice also that the most convincing evidence in both cases are admitted fakes.

Return to Top
#1916873 - 04/23/14 05:52 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I dunno BBB, every time there's a bigfoot hunting show, they hear something in the woods. If you hear something in the woods EVERY SINGLE TIME......bigfoot must exist. Just makes sense.

Return to Top
#1916875 - 04/23/14 05:57 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? raitchjay
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
I think the incident in Siberia back in what....1910.....(asteroid? UFO? something else) is pretty interesting.

I thought they solved this and that it was a rock based (not iron based) asteroid that detonated a few hundred feet over the land. It is why they didn't find metals but did find some of the rock. I could be wrong though.

Return to Top
#1916877 - 04/23/14 05:58 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Red, I do think that is the most accepted idea now, yes.

Return to Top
#1916881 - 04/23/14 06:02 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Yeah, but the aliens could have detonated it...duh!

Quote:
they hear something in the woods
I heard something in the swamp the other day (not quite dusk dark)...it screamed and screamed and SCREAMED! It was a bit unnerving. eek

I heard it last night, too...but a bit further back.

Hummmm...maybe I scared IT! cool

Return to Top
#1916884 - 04/23/14 06:04 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
TV Bigfoot Hunters - the "Real Housewives" of hillbilliedom.

Return to Top
#1916885 - 04/23/14 06:05 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Gators do not scare that easy

CAMS

Return to Top
#1916887 - 04/23/14 06:06 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
I think there are several mystery that I would like to learn about.

I think that I would like to know if Europeans were actually in the Americas before Colombus. I know that they were, but I think it was more ubiquitous than previously thought.

I would like to know what happened to the arc of the covenant.

I am curious as to why those Indians in Chile left this civilization around 2000 BC (I know I am messing this up a bit).

I would also love to understand the Fermat's last theorum. Apparently it was solved but I doubt I would understand it.

Return to Top
#1916891 - 04/23/14 06:11 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Sound Tactic
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Red Herring
I think there are several mystery that I would like to learn about.

I think that I would like to know if Europeans were actually in the Americas before Colombus. I know that they were, but I think it was more ubiquitous than previously thought. Yes they were vikings

I would like to know what happened to the arc of the covenant. Melted down and put into the flux capacitor for fuel

I am curious as to why those Indians in Chile left this civilization around 2000 BC (I know I am messing this up a bit). The McDonalds closed

I would also love to understand the Fermat's last theorum. Apparently it was solved but I doubt I would understand it. no three positive integers a, b, and c can satisfy the equation an + bn = cn for any integer value of n greater than two.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1916892 - 04/23/14 06:11 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
I remember as a kid having some Unsolved Mysteries type book that was thrilling to read at that age....the story in there about Kaspar Hauser was interesting....as well as the disappearance of Judge Crater.

Return to Top
#1916893 - 04/23/14 06:13 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Matt_B
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
Robert Stack was pretty cool in that show.

I would like to know why they picked such a creepy host!?

::shudders::

Return to Top
#1916895 - 04/23/14 06:14 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Oklahoma has a Runestone in Heavener the indicates a Viking presence in the middle of the North American continent well before the Europeans. But it is not without contoversy.

Return to Top
#1916897 - 04/23/14 06:16 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? edAudit
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
Gators do not scare that easy

I think it was a Limpkin...but I've never seen Apple Snails in the swamp. confused

Return to Top
#1916900 - 04/23/14 06:20 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Why is that my husband can remember the 4th hole on the golf course he played 3 months ago but he can't remember to buy bread at the grocery store?

Why do hangers multiply in the closet?

Where is Jimmy Hoffa?

Return to Top
#1916903 - 04/23/14 06:21 PM Re: What's your favorite unsolved mystery? Stupendous Man
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Well you are right Ed about Fermar's theorum but there is an actual proof. The problem is that numbers extend to infinity and it is impossible to actually prove that no three numbers to the n power by plugging numbers in because there are an infinite amount of numbers. But someone actually proved it using another proof. I would love to see this and actually be able to understand it.
Last edited by Red Herring; 04/23/14 06:22 PM.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8