Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#1954353 - 08/19/14 01:39 PM what is the worst food you've ever eaten?
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Hamloaf - my family has a generations old recipe that is ground ham shaped into a loaf, covered meatloaf but with ham) in maple syrup, sitting on some pineapple slices, with cloves stuck in it, bake at 350...serve with home made chili sauce (never that Heinz 57 variety)...just flat out gross...i don't like ham as it is, but make this junk? it was a staple once a month on Sunday at Grandma's and everyone went...yuck...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1954356 - 08/19/14 01:42 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Calf's liver. My nonna made me eat it once and I threw it up right at the dinner table. She never made me eat it again. smile

Return to Top
#1954360 - 08/19/14 01:43 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? Retired DQ
Peepers Offline
10K Club
that ham loaf up there sounds bad

liver was my least favorite

there was also some meat pie thing my mom made that was nasty

au gratin potatoes, there's something that is unfit for human consumption

Return to Top
#1954362 - 08/19/14 01:46 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Any kind of canned meat; chicken, ham, what have you.

No meat should be canned, ever.

Return to Top
#1954363 - 08/19/14 01:48 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Grandma's hamloaf sounds delicious.

The worst ever was Korean hotpot. It was a big pot of hot water that they dumped all sorts of sea creatures into. You stick in a ladle and see what comes out. I could deal with the shrimp that still had their heads on, but it was the big bite of snail that was all gritty like it was full of dirt that really did me in. On the other hand, I though the baby octopi were delicious but they freaked out my wife.

Return to Top
#1954367 - 08/19/14 01:51 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
This is a tough one. Maybe it was the time I had a chocolate Lil' Debbie cake and flipped it over when I was halfway done eating it, to discover the bottom side was very moist and had a vibrant blue thing growing on it. My toothmark from the bite that was still in my mouth was right in the middle of the blue patch.

Return to Top
#1954369 - 08/19/14 01:53 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? MB Guy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: MB Guy
Any kind of canned meat; chicken, ham, what have you.

No meat should be canned, ever.

well, how do you expect to eat spam? they don't sell it in the deli section smirk

Return to Top
#1954370 - 08/19/14 01:55 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
A friend promised to pack us a picnic lunch for a long road trip, assuring me that I need not bring my own sandwich or any food. When we got halfway there - and we were hours from any other food sources - he pulled our "lunch" out from his backpack: two cans of fish - not even tuna but something else I didn't even know they put into cans. And to eat with it? Crackers, bread? Was there a spoon? No. My instruction was to pop the lid, bend it, and use it to scoop out the rotten-smelling fish chunks and eat them straight without condiment or carbohydrate accompaniment. I gagged it down, I was so hungry.

Return to Top
#1954373 - 08/19/14 01:58 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? MyBrainHurts
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts
Grandma's hamloaf sounds delicious.

The worst ever was Korean hotpot. It was a big pot of hot water that they dumped all sorts of sea creatures into. You stick in a ladle and see what comes out. I could deal with the shrimp that still had their heads on, but it was the big bite of snail that was all gritty like it was full of dirt that really did me in. On the other hand, I though the baby octopi were delicious but they freaked out my wife.

What is it about baby otopi. I hate most seafood and my wife like most. But the otopi is good and freaks out the wife (she could not even look at it).

CAMS

Return to Top
#1954374 - 08/19/14 01:58 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
ComplianceDude Offline
New Poster
ation Location Location
Somewhere in the Top 10 would have to be anything that anybody bakes that has cheese, bread, and a vegetable in it, case in point, last Sunday's asparagus, American "cheese" (cheeselike product), and folded scraps of soggy white bread casserole.

People should not make casseroles.

Return to Top
#1954375 - 08/19/14 02:00 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
any chips that are not regular.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1954379 - 08/19/14 02:03 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
i've had an enchilada casserole that was awesome (was basically enchiladas covered in chili con carne and baked)...guess it depends what type of casserole...

Return to Top
#1954380 - 08/19/14 02:05 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
This is a tough choice but I think I have to go with corned beef. I enjoy a Reuben sandwich with corned beef but just the roast with potatoes and cabbage is so disgusting. The gray color and the boiled texture is just too much to bear.

Return to Top
#1954383 - 08/19/14 02:06 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Its a toss up.
Liver or Durian fruit. The Durian is probably the winner though.
Liver can be put into stuff that I can tolerate or sometimes even like. Durian..... Its the Beelzebub of the food world. sick

Return to Top
#1954386 - 08/19/14 02:07 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? Bankbb1, PITA
Peepers Offline
10K Club
cauliflower

who in their right mind decided to ever try this?

Return to Top
#1954389 - 08/19/14 02:11 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? CompliantOkie
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie
This is a tough choice but I think I have to go with corned beef. I enjoy a Reuben sandwich with corned beef but just the roast with potatoes and cabbage is so disgusting. The gray color and the boiled texture is just too much to bear.

If the corned beef is gray, you're doing it wrong.

I love corned beef and cabbage and cheesy casseroles and you're all making me hungry!

edit to add: I love liver and onions, too. (But haven't had it in ages because of the cholesterol.)
Last edited by MyBrainHurts; 08/19/14 02:12 PM.

Return to Top
#1954391 - 08/19/14 02:12 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Liver, I've yet to have it prepared in a way that I liked it.

I once had some rice alcohol that may or may not have spoiled (I hope so!) that was probably the worst flavor that has ever assaulted my generally robust palate.

Return to Top
#1954392 - 08/19/14 02:11 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? MyBrainHurts
Peepers Offline
10K Club
mushrooms

Return to Top
#1954393 - 08/19/14 02:13 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I can't even read this thread.....

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1954396 - 08/19/14 02:15 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? Peepers
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Originally Posted By: Peepers
mushrooms

Yes, sauteed mushrooms would be delicious on liver and onions. Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to Top
#1954397 - 08/19/14 02:15 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? MyBrainHurts
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie

If the corned beef is gray, you're doing it wrong.

I love corned beef and cabbage and cheesy casseroles and you're all making me hungry!

edit to add: I love liver and onions, too. (But haven't had it in ages because of the cholesterol.)

I'm open to corned beef suggestions. The rest of the family adores it and rarely get it because I think it's so disgusting.

Return to Top
#1954398 - 08/19/14 02:16 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? waldensouth
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: waldensouth
I can't even read this thread.....

oh, you'll keep checking in as new posts are made.......

Return to Top
#1954399 - 08/19/14 02:19 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
I think there is a difference between "unusual" and "bad". If I can feed something to someone and they like it untill I tell them they are eating testicles, or brains, or frog, or scorpions or what ever; that's just unusual. But if you take a bite and it make you hurl, then that's bad.
See? smile

Return to Top
#1954402 - 08/19/14 02:21 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? HappyGilmore
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
poorly made lutefisk ... well made lutefisk is barely passable.

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#1954403 - 08/19/14 02:22 PM Re: what is the worst food you've ever eaten? DoS
Peepers Offline
10K Club
vegetarian pizza

Return to Top
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8