Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1976665 - 11/15/14 12:51 AM Parties at work???
Snowgirl Offline
Platinum Poster
Just wondering what is allowed at your bank? We used to hold birthday gatherings for our employees at our branch whenever their birthday was. We would all gather first thing in the morning and have cake (baked by the person whose birthday was just prior). Then we grew and had too many happening, so we shortened it to one cake per month for all employees birthdays during that month. Then we dropped it all together. Now we just get together for other occassions, like if someone is having a baby or getting married, we might gather and have snacks and a small shower for them just for employees. Does your bank allow you to do this?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1976728 - 11/17/14 03:41 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
We celebrate everything as often as we can around here. We're in the middle of an expansion and remodeling, so people that used to be together have been scattered to the four corners now, and we're not sure how things will shake out in the end.

Birthdays are generally pot-lucks that their branch/department and/or folks in close proximity contribute to, but the celebration is pretty localized. Babies or weddings usually get an after-work event held at one of our offices or off-site.

Return to Top
#1976776 - 11/17/14 04:46 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
We are only one location, on your birthday, you bring in breakfast for everyone, usually bagels and donuts. You also supply the butter, cream cheese, etc. On the 5's (25, 30, 35 etc) in addition to the birthday person bringing breakfast, the bank supplies a cake that we usually have about 3 and sends either flowers or an edible arrangement. We also do bank anniversariers the same way (except the person does not bring breakfast). Special anniversaries, (10 years, 25 years, 30 years and up) the bank also gives a gift. The bank is family owned so we have a very tight group.

Return to Top
#1976803 - 11/17/14 05:39 PM Re: Parties at work??? EllenA
Peepers Offline
10K Club
To quote Eddie Murphy lyrics: "I want to party all the time, party all the time, party all the tiiiiiiiiiime"

Return to Top
#1976812 - 11/17/14 05:53 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
We have potluck the last Friday of every month that there is a Birthday. The BD peeps do not have to bring anything that month.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1976865 - 11/17/14 07:28 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
PATSGirl74 Offline
PATSGirl74
Massachusetts
We are fairly large so each branch / department has their own thing. My department and a support dept have a combined "birthday club" - we each put in $5 a month and then on your bday you get a cake and a goft card to your fav store or restaurant.
Major work anniversaries the bank gives a gift.
Holidays and pretty much any other excuse to bring in a buffet of food we do so but limit it to our dept & support dept

Return to Top
#1976880 - 11/17/14 07:40 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
we did our turkey day department lunch today...so ready for a nap

Return to Top
#1976959 - 11/17/14 09:54 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
Sherlocked Offline
221B Baker St.
We have cake at each location for applicable birthdays. The big birthdays - 30, 40, 50, 60 - more food. Pot lucks for Christmas, Thanksgiving & Easter. Other pot lucks for at any reason we can come up with at other times during the year. Dinners for major anniversaries plus retirement dinners.

Return to Top
#1976962 - 11/17/14 10:01 PM Re: Parties at work??? Sherlocked
Peepers Offline
10K Club
"get well, get well soon, we hope you get well soon"

Return to Top
#1976967 - 11/17/14 10:08 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
I keep reading this title as Panties at work???

blush

Return to Top
#1976971 - 11/17/14 10:16 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I wasn't going to admit it, but I did too. More than once.

Return to Top
#1976972 - 11/17/14 10:24 PM Re: Parties at work??? Peepers
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
JERRY: What is so bad about having a little piece of cake?

ELAINE: It is the forced socializing. I mean, just because we work in the same office, why do we have to act like we're friends?

JERRY: Why aren't you there now?

ELAINE: I had to take a sick day. I'm so sick of these people.

My fav episode because this is totally me.

Return to Top
#1976973 - 11/17/14 10:33 PM Re: Parties at work??? Bacon Boy
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy

blush

or pasties at work

Return to Top
#1976987 - 11/17/14 11:42 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Talk about casual Friday... crazy

Return to Top
#1976990 - 11/18/14 12:01 AM Re: Parties at work??? Bacon Boy
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy

blush

But you never answered the question. smirk

Return to Top
#1977014 - 11/18/14 01:22 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
We have an annual Awards dinner, held during December, for all employees. Otherwise, I hear each department can do something for their staff monthly. Doesn't happen in my building, so I can't be certain about it.

Return to Top
#1977022 - 11/18/14 02:18 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
Stupendous Man Offline
New Poster
Texas
What about Christmas parties? We have one every year, but really the company only pays for the dinner. We raise money throught the year with bake sales and paying to wear jeans and stuff like that for the door prizes. And the bar is a cash bar. it's not that fun. feels like a catered staff meeting.

Return to Top
#1977025 - 11/18/14 02:30 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
We have a Christmas Party at a local country club - catered and an open bar. It's scheduled as one of our quarterly meetings and attendance is pretty much mandatory. They do give out awards and have a drawing for prizes - of which most are very nice.

Return to Top
#1977039 - 11/18/14 02:48 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
Post-it Offline
Post-it
Midwest
I was put in charge of our Christmas party this year...we haven't had a Christmas party since I have been here.

Does anyone have fun ideas that you do at your parties?

Return to Top
#1977061 - 11/18/14 03:28 PM Re: Parties at work??? Snowgirl
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Our "Holiday Party" is pretty huge. We have a seven person committee that runs it (myself included). Have a nice room at one of the better hotels in town, dinner, drinks, DJ, entertainment, giveaways, etc. Not an open bar, three drink tickets per person, but the CEO gets lots of spare tickets and hands them out. In the end, people drink all night and nobody's paying except for tips. I design and print the tickets, so I keep a spare supply for people I like smirk

We always have a game. We've done trivia stuff, game show style games (Hollywood Squares, Cash Cab, a few others), some team things, some individual things, cash prize, gift baskets, etc. Usually people are pretty happy with it. The parties are much more tame than they were when I started here, not as many people dancing on tables and wandering off to the bathroom with random other people of the opposite gender, etc. It's a good thing they've calmed down a bit.

Return to Top