Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2011533 - 05/01/15 02:31 PM The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Sorry folks.

All we have is a bottle of cheap tequila and a pint of Cutty Sark scotch whiskey.

Might consider bringing your own. Or we are happy to serve up a tequila/scotch cocktail.

CRCM

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2011545 - 05/01/15 02:47 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Thank goodness I always travel with my own. Margarita pouches for everybody!!

Return to Top
#2011564 - 05/01/15 03:08 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
What a lucky coincidence - I'm a big fan of cheap tequila!

I'm also seeing some fresh mint in the garden - does that go with tequila? If not, I might be able to find some rum....(rummages around in purse)

Return to Top
#2011579 - 05/01/15 03:35 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
mtngrrl Offline
Platinum Poster
mtngrrl
Northern California
Did they find the hidden trap door under the bad imitation Persian rug? That's where I hid the Jamesons 18yr reserve. Probably some other goodies under there, too...

Return to Top
#2011580 - 05/01/15 03:36 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Let me know if you find the rum, until then I can deal with cheap tequila. It's been a crazy week.

Return to Top
#2011589 - 05/01/15 04:14 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
:pulls black mask off face and deposits Mary Poppins style magic bag on floor:
Lucky my momma didn't recognize me as I 'requisitioned' all this stuff from the local liquor cabinet. wink

:reaches into magic bag and pulls out a bottle of muscato and a box of strawberries: care to join me, Jen?

Return to Top
#2011606 - 05/01/15 05:15 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I was informed today that the powers that be think that appraisal review should be moved to a compliance/audit function. The idea that lenders will be constantly bugging me to get their stuff done so they can close their loan drove me straight to the bar!

So, here I am! I will take whatever will make me stop thinking the fastest.

Return to Top
#2011631 - 05/01/15 06:13 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Um...not that I need to tell you this, but that's a really bad idea and probably not in conformance of the appraisal rules.

Here...have a shot of rum. The Captain can be our friend this afternoon.

Return to Top
#2011634 - 05/01/15 06:18 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Matt, I've chronically put up with that since I've been here. This is a one-man audit and compliance shop in a small bank and I'm doing loan administrator stuff, supporting lenders. Am I way behind on the important stuff! Yep? Does it get "behinder" every day? Yep!

Return to Top
#2011636 - 05/01/15 06:19 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
TR, pass the bottle and the strawberries please. Examiners are exiting the building for the week and I'm ready to lay down and close my eyes for awhile.

The wine will help with that! laugh

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2011662 - 05/01/15 07:24 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
dos hot mojitos on the down low

Return to Top
#2011672 - 05/01/15 07:38 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open noelekal
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Originally Posted By noelekal
Matt, I've chronically put up with that since I've been here. This is a one-man audit and compliance shop in a small bank and I'm doing loan administrator stuff, supporting lenders. Am I way behind on the important stuff! Yep? Does it get "behinder" every day? Yep!

Thankfully audit is a separate person, but she's only part-time and months behind as it is.

And Jen, how so? They won't pay me in any way for the work, I don't report to anyone in the lending arm, so hey, on paper I apparently look good! I'm trying to throw the "I'm unqualified!" card and recommend outsourcing to an AMC...but that's not gaining traction.

Went home to let the dogs out at lunch, looked at the bottles in the cabinet a little longer than I probably should have before walking away from them smirk

Return to Top
#2011673 - 05/01/15 07:39 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Please explain a hot mojito.

My child planted a lavender mint plant last year and it's flourishing. I see mint juleps in my very near future.

Return to Top
#2011711 - 05/01/15 08:40 PM Re: The Liquor Store was Looted Bar is Open Norman Paperman
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I wanted to loot some booze to help out on my way over to the bar. Turns out I am a middle aged white woman with a job and responsibilites so I can't loot. SO - I just stopped by the liquor store and bought a bunch of craft beers to help out. Come on up to the bar and grab your beer of choice, ICE COLD!!

Return to Top