Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2110685 - 12/13/16 09:42 PM looking for a word game
Trees Offline
Power Poster
'I'm sure this is a long shot, but here goes:
My husband, who passed away last year and I used to play a word building game either on the internet or X-box (he found the game and set it up for us to play. I never caught the name or the source) The letters were on tiles that were either gold, silver or copper. The object was to have no tiles remaining. You could not use just any tiles, for example you had to use copper before the gold or silver.You clicked on the time to form the words. As soon as you got a word done the game counted your points. You got extra points if you used "difficult" letters. You had a specific time to build as many words as possible. If possible, do you know the name of this game and how I can source it?
Thank you.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2110730 - 12/14/16 02:09 PM Re: looking for a word game Trees
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
Trees... this sounds similar to a game my husband (who doesn't like work games!) occasionally plays. I sent the info to him to see if it matches. I will let you know what he says.

Return to Top
#2110779 - 12/14/16 05:53 PM Re: looking for a word game Trees
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Thanks, basilring. I don't even remember if it was from the internet, or X-box or similar but we enjoyed it and I want to find it and introduce it to other family members.

Return to Top
#2111342 - 12/19/16 03:45 PM Re: looking for a word game Trees
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
It turns out the game he is playing is a form of Mahjong... using letters instead of symbols for the tiles. The tiles do appear as different colors, which looked like copper and gold and such when I would glance at it... but that was just accessible tiles being brighter then the 'grayed out' tiles that were underneath or blocked by other tiles. I don't think this is what you were looking for ;-(

Return to Top
#2111442 - 12/19/16 09:19 PM Re: looking for a word game Trees
Trees Offline
Power Poster
OK, thanks for checking and getting back to me. Interestingly, my friends and I want to learn to play Mahjong this year.

Return to Top