Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2251619 - 03/31/21 06:55 PM Godzilla vs Kong
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Anyone else as excited as I am about this? I freely admit - I'm way more excited about it than I really should be. I've been a fan of Godzilla flicks since they first came out around 200 BC (maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but not by much). The horrible English-dubbing, the awful lizard costume when you could basically see the zipper, terrible sound effects.... Those ALL somehow made the movies laughably horrible but still fun to watch.

Then came with the 1998 release - and it almost made me want to cry. It was simply awful, but had absolutely no redeeming qualities. So when Godzilla was again rebooted in 2014 I was super hesitant to watch. But the graphics and imagery - and the fact that there's an actual story line - really hooked me deep. King of Monsters was an amazing follow-up, and now Kong.

Go Godzilla! Kick that overgrown monkey back across the ocean!!!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2251630 - 03/31/21 07:25 PM Re: Godzilla vs Kong burkemi
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
It does look like a good time, I hear the fight scene on the ship is really long.

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#2251681 - 04/01/21 04:32 PM Re: Godzilla vs Kong burkemi
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Man... all that build up and hype and I didn't even get to watch it yesterday. Life just gets in the way sometimes, hahaha

Return to Top
#2251747 - 04/02/21 03:54 PM Re: Godzilla vs Kong burkemi
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Clearly I'm in a league of my own here. lol

So I'll end after this. Watched the movie yesterday. It was outstanding. The director kept his word that there would be a clearly defined winner between the 2 monsters. Would highly recommend to anyone that likes a lot of action and a lot stuff that just goes BOOM....There's also a plot-line, if that helps. lol

Return to Top
#2251753 - 04/02/21 04:26 PM Re: Godzilla vs Kong burkemi
Melissa S Offline
Gold Star
Melissa S
Maine
I could never really get into the Godzilla vs Kong "stuff" for the very reason you first stated, zippered costumes, etc. Thanks for the review..... I may have to consider it...

Return to Top
#2251759 - 04/02/21 05:11 PM Re: Godzilla vs Kong burkemi
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i'm waiting for the sequel - Godzilla and King Kong versus Chuck Norris. I hear that the movie will be over in less than 2 minutes, and we already know Chuck will win. but i'll still watch it, because Chuck wants me to!

Return to Top
#2251761 - 04/02/21 05:21 PM Re: Godzilla vs Kong HappyGilmore
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted by HappyGilmore
i'm waiting for the sequel - Godzilla and King Kong versus Chuck Norris. I hear that the movie will be over in less than 2 minutes, and we already know Chuck will win. but i'll still watch it, because Chuck wants me to!

Over in less than 2 minutes, including the opening scene and end credits!

Return to Top
#2251835 - 04/05/21 08:37 PM Re: Godzilla vs Kong burkemi
OldeTymeBanker Offline
My son's friend got a group of friends together, and they all chipped in to rent out a whole theater for a showing so that they controlled who was in the theater, etc. I think it cost them about $20 apiece, and it was very worth it to them. My son said it was very enjoyable. I'll still probably watch it from home though.

Return to Top
#2251855 - 04/06/21 01:39 PM Re: Godzilla vs Kong OldeTymeBanker
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
Originally Posted by OldeTymeBanker
My son's friend got a group of friends together, and they all chipped in to rent out a whole theater for a showing so that they controlled who was in the theater, etc. I think it cost them about $20 apiece, and it was very worth it to them. My son said it was very enjoyable. I'll still probably watch it from home though.

My daughter did the same thing with her boyfriend and his family. They rented an entire theater for their group of about 10. Worked out to $20-$25 each.

Return to Top
#2252173 - 04/12/21 12:00 PM Re: Godzilla vs Kong burkemi
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Here's some behind the scenes footage of Godzilla vs. Kong: Footage
Last edited by RVFlyboy; 04/12/21 12:00 PM.

Return to Top
#2252349 - 04/14/21 02:30 PM Re: Godzilla vs Kong burkemi
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I enjoyed the earlier versions of both Godzilla and Kong, back in the days when everyone was not so woke.

Return to Top