Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2264301 - 01/05/22 02:51 PM Activities for the team
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
Hey all,

We meet weekly as a team and we rotate for who gets to decide what we do. Some people just ask questions and we take turns answering. I like to do trivia that I put together. So it is simple but a fun time.

I think people are bored of my trivia. I am not certain but I bet this is the case. Anyone have a fun idea or even just an idea (hah) that I could take up for this next meeting?

Thanks!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2264303 - 01/05/22 03:02 PM Re: Activities for the team SteveDave
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Just off the top of my head - turn your trivia into a crossword puzzle. Maybe create a word search or some fill in the blank trivia.

Return to Top
#2264311 - 01/05/22 04:19 PM Re: Activities for the team SteveDave
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
Hey burkemi thanks a lot. That actually sounds really great. I can get in all my fun (to me for sure) trivia while not making them do the same thing I always do. This is a good idea thanks.

Return to Top
#2264316 - 01/05/22 05:31 PM Re: Activities for the team SteveDave
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
I worked in an office where every day we would spend 10 minutes doing a sudoku puzzle. It was pulled from the daily paper and copied onto a white board. We each had a different color marker and would add whatever we could. Simple but good way to connect.

Return to Top
#2264325 - 01/05/22 06:40 PM Re: Activities for the team SteveDave
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
I like this as well RockChucker thank you. Sometimes the easiest tasks when done as a team is all we need to relax and joke about for a small period of time. I will add this to my list as well!
Last edited by SteveDave; 01/05/22 06:41 PM.
Return to Top
#2264328 - 01/05/22 07:54 PM Re: Activities for the team SteveDave
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
nothing builds teams like supplying breakfast...fed people are happy people...

we have a different person present a policy, procedure, or department topic (ie, recent issue, problem client and how was handled, etc) each meeting, they are assigned ahead of time to assist with preparation, and having peers do this opens it up to many more questions than if the boss was presenting it

Return to Top
#2264354 - 01/06/22 02:19 PM Re: Activities for the team SteveDave
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
Ya know HappyGilmore you bring up a great point. Breakfast food would excite the masses. We talk about doing it and just never do. I will commit to food this month.

I will pitch the idea of letting everyone spread the load of presenting. I would do anything I could to get more buy in and this seems a simple thing to let others speak more.

Thanks

Return to Top
#2264355 - 01/06/22 02:28 PM Re: Activities for the team SteveDave
Rocky P Online
Power Poster
Florida
I had a post a few years ago about how Barnett Banks (FL) had team building for the entire bank, There were several other excellent posts on the page too.
https://www.bankersonline.com/forum...ue/re-required-team-building#Post2212408

Return to Top
#2264364 - 01/06/22 04:04 PM Re: Activities for the team SteveDave
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
Rocky P that was quite the read. I gained a lot of insight thank you for sharing. We are going to have some fun in the next few weeks/months easy.

Thanks

Return to Top
#2264482 - 01/07/22 09:12 PM Re: Activities for the team SteveDave
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
SteveDave, one idea I did with my team was to send a survey out to everyone with instructions for them to complete and send back to me only. There were a number of questions on the survey - things like:
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What event do you remember most fondly from high school?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is the craziest thing you've ever done (within the bounds of "suitable for work sharing)?
- If you could only keep 3 apps on your smart phone, which 3 would you keep?

I took all the answers from everyone and created a guessing game. For each question, I chose one or two of the answers and as a group we tried to figure out who it was that gave that answer. For example, who said they wanted to be an astronaut? Whose favorite movie is "The Princess Bride". You get the idea. At the end of the session, I sent all the answered survey sheets to everyone and we all got to know each other better.

Return to Top
#2264508 - 01/10/22 01:00 PM Re: Activities for the team SteveDave
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
RVFlyboy this is top notch. I am going to take this idea for sure. Good trivia that is personal is hard to find.

Thanks! This is great.

Return to Top
#2265385 - 01/27/22 09:57 PM Re: Activities for the team SteveDave
TaraSue Offline
This could be way too late to help you, but I did something for years when I would do client dinners with Motorola - it was called "question of the evening" because we did it over dinner. Somehow, it really took off and people really enjoyed it. Pretty straightforward - I just asked one question and everyone at the table answered! Samples:

1) If money were no object but you had to work full time, what would you do for work, and why?
2) If your home was on fire and you only had time to remove three items, what would you remove?
3) What do you remember about your favorite teacher/professor?
4) What book would you recommend to someone looking for a new read? (I always answered the Arthur Ashe autobiography)
5) Within the US, if you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?

Return to Top
#2265405 - 01/28/22 01:05 PM Re: Activities for the team TaraSue
SteveDave Offline
100 Club
Definitely not too late. I do something with the team every week and do not plan on stopping. So the more the better smile

This is something I like to do and usually my go to. Everyone is able to input their own questions in whatever format they choose. Last time we did only would you rather questions so it was quick fire but a blast.

Crazy how just a few questions can open up a conversation so well.

Thanks!

Return to Top