Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#599262 - 08/15/06 01:37 PM Do I need to have a CIP?
yay4compliance Offline
New Poster
yay4compliance
I know that public schools are exempt from CIP-- but is a public school's PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) account exempt? If not, what info should I have the branch collect? The TIN is different than the school TIN which makes me think I will need one and since it is an Association but I am want to be sure. Also, which documentation could I use? The same types of ID that we use for any Association? Please help!!! Thank you!!!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#599263 - 08/15/06 02:28 PM Re: Do I need to have a CIP?
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
We treat them as low risk, since it is a school group, but the CIP is the same as any other association.
We take Drivers License etc.

Return to Top
#599264 - 08/15/06 02:29 PM Re: Do I need to have a CIP?
yay4compliance Offline
New Poster
yay4compliance
thank you very much!

Return to Top
#599265 - 08/15/06 02:56 PM Re: Do I need to have a CIP?
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
You have to be very careful with PTSA, band boosters and athletic support clubs associated with the schools. The "ownership" can vary significantly depending on the school system. In our county system, "ownership" of all of these organizations was assumed by the county (even though they were all formally created by the separate groups). I am aware of others that operate independently of the actual school system. You need to investigate each system individually.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z