Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1854061 - 09/20/13 12:30 AM CTR for Church with Multiple Parish Locations
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
We are prepared a CTR for a church that has multiple parish locations. The transactions aggregate under one EIN. Should we be reporting the parish addresses or is it acceptable to use the main address which is not on our signature cards?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1854084 - 09/20/13 12:09 PM Re: CTR for Church with Multiple Parish Locations TryingtoComply
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Use one of the addresses that produced the cash.

Return to Top
#1854174 - 09/20/13 02:58 PM Re: CTR for Church with Multiple Parish Locations TryingtoComply
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Just seeking clarification. Are you saying to just use ANY address? The accounts are set up like this:

Church Name
XXXX Parish

Church Name
YYYY Parish

Church Name
ZZZZ Parish

All accounts have the same EIN, but different addresses. The cash deposits are from school tuition payments.

I need to see if this church qualifies for exemption. Ugh!

Return to Top
#1854414 - 09/21/13 01:35 PM Re: CTR for Church with Multiple Parish Locations TryingtoComply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well if they have the same EIN, then the Parish name is just a courtesy title that you have added to the accounts that mean nothing from a legal standpoint.

It would be like banking McDonalds and having a store number on the second line of the account. It means nothing.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z