Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1905513 - 03/14/14 04:10 PM CTR on Estate Distribution
thisisme08 Offline
Hoping someone can help me figure out who to file this CTR on.

Scenario:

-We have an Estate account.

-Funds in account are currently being distributed to children of estate owner due to sale of real estate.

-Executor of Estate comes into branch with a $18,800 check made payable to one of the children. States that Individual lives in a nursing home out of state and cannot receive said check as it will mess with their income controlled nursing care (let's just ignore that fact for now).

-Check is "signed" by Individual and countersigned by Executor. Executor presents item for payment and recieves cash. (again, SVP Retail approved transaction but lets just ignore that)

I believe that the CTR should be filled out with the Executor being listed as "conducting transaction for another" and named individual being listed as "person on whose behalf transaction was conducted" as it was clearly stated to us the $$ was for her benefit. Keep in mind we do not have ID info for the Individual named on the check, just a name.

Am I right or wrong here?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1905524 - 03/14/14 04:20 PM Re: CTR on Estate Distribution thisisme08
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I don't think you are wrong.

I also hope that the SVP Retail realizes he just put the bank on the hook for $18,000.

Return to Top
#1905536 - 03/14/14 04:37 PM Re: CTR on Estate Distribution thisisme08
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
In comparison to the things that were ignored, I don't think how the CTR is completed makes 10 cents worth of difference.

Return to Top
#1905593 - 03/14/14 06:05 PM Re: CTR on Estate Distribution thisisme08
thisisme08 Offline
grin

Oh Ken, always telling it how it is (sat through many of your BSA seminars) and thank you RlCarey for your input too.
Last edited by thisisme08; 03/14/14 06:06 PM.

Return to Top
#1905609 - 03/14/14 06:35 PM Re: CTR on Estate Distribution thisisme08
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Sorry, when I attempt to control my reactions it makes my head hurt. wink

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z