Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1905423 - 03/14/14 02:54 PM trouble e-filing
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
I have contacted the help desk, but I suddenly can't submit any reports through e-file. When I click submit, it tells me to log in first, but I already am. I think it could be my Internet Explorer. I've always had to use an older version with FinCEN. Anyone else aware of any changes in FinCEN's site which may be causing this very recent problem?
Thanks for any help!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1905439 - 03/14/14 03:11 PM Re: trouble e-filing NotDoneYet
Just Jean Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
I'm awaiting a callback too. All of a sudden, the system will not accept my PIN.

Return to Top
#1905546 - 03/14/14 04:46 PM Re: trouble e-filing NotDoneYet
ms.understood Offline
Washington
NotDone: I used to run across that problem when I logged in to file and filled out the form there. It kept timing me out - very frustrating. Not sure if that is your issue or not, but I started saving a template of the form, working it, then logging in to just file it.

To Do: I got an error about my PIN not working once, and called the tech support line. He worked with me for about an hour, and it turned out that the attachment file I had named had a character it didn't like. I can't remember what the character was, maybe a hyphen, or number sign. The error message was completely unrelated to the true error. Even the helpdesk was baffled. Do you have an attachment to your file?

Return to Top
#1905626 - 03/14/14 06:57 PM Re: trouble e-filing NotDoneYet
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
We have saved templates and all I have to do is sign, save and submit. But thanks for the suggestion.

Return to Top
#1905739 - 03/15/14 08:41 AM Re: trouble e-filing NotDoneYet
Greg Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
Check your Adobe Acrobat settings. Your preferences need to be set to open web files in a browser window. If you uncheck that box you're opening the CTR outside the filing site. I prefer to have that box unchecked so the files I pull from the web open in the full version instead of a web page. If I forget to change it when I try to file I get that error message.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z