Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2070658 - 03/24/16 01:07 PM Opening an acct for an online business
VMcKinsey Offline
VMcKinsey
TN
Good morning,

Had a customer come into my Knoxville branch yesterday wanting to open a merchant account for his online business. At first he didn't want to divulge any information about his business. Later an outside representative for the bank contacted him and he was finally willing to hand over documents but as of yet my CSR has not seen the paperwork. I googled the address and got a residence view. He is registered with the Sec of State. The online business is called Attorney Pay Time, but he's registered under a separate LLC.

Opinions and thoughts, please.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2070660 - 03/24/16 01:15 PM Re: Opening an acct for an online business VMcKinsey
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Has anyone reviewed the website?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2070661 - 03/24/16 01:23 PM Re: Opening an acct for an online business VMcKinsey
VMcKinsey Offline
VMcKinsey
TN
I did and this is what it is in a nutshell:

"This is the place for legal professionals to read and submit reviews on lawyers."

There is a FAQ section and all it talks about is certain people that are registered are able to look up attorney's history as far as like payments, how well are they making up and such. You have to register on this site but you have to be a court report, videographer, even a lawyer.

Return to Top
#2070667 - 03/24/16 01:41 PM Re: Opening an acct for an online business VMcKinsey
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
If you go to the user agreement they list an LLC.

I do not know TN law but do you need a Factitious business name filed with your state?

The only issue with this if it all checks out is why "didn't want to divulge any information about his business' unless he is foreign born most US persons will not keep quiet about their business if it is legit.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2070704 - 03/24/16 02:45 PM Re: Opening an acct for an online business VMcKinsey
VMcKinsey Offline
VMcKinsey
TN
That LLC is the name of this guy's business and I'm guessing he's partnered up with Attorney Pay Time.

I looked up the guy and he's out of Florida. We'll be taking a close look at his paperwork for sure when he comes in.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z