Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2113911 - 01/11/17 08:19 PM SAR- BRANCH WHERE ACTIVITY OCCURED
amillikan Offline
New Poster
HELLO ALL. I HAVE WHAT IS POSSIBLY A DUMB QUESTION, BUT I AM VERY NEW TO THE BSA AREA AND I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON MY FIRST SAR INVOLVING TRANSACTIONS AT ONE OF OUR BRANCHES. ALL OF THE PREVIOUS SARS HAVE BEEN AT OUR MAIN BRANCH.

I AM UNSURE ABOUT HOW TO COMPLETE "Part III Information about Financial Institution Where Activity Occurred" THE TRANSACTION TOOK PLACE AT ONE OF OUR BRANCHES. DO I PUT THEIR INFO ON THIS PAGE OR THE MAIN BRANCH'S INFO AND ONLY INCLUDE THEIR INFO ON THE BOTTOM SECTION THAT SAYS "Branch where activity occurred information"

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2113912 - 01/11/17 08:24 PM Re: SAR- BRANCH WHERE ACTIVITY OCCURED amillikan
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
I receive this question frequently. What we would request is that your posts not all be in capital letters as it is difficult to read. Calls to the FiNCEN helpline have essentially yielded both options as acceptable. In other words, pick a method and be consistent.

Return to Top
#2113927 - 01/11/17 09:07 PM Re: SAR- BRANCH WHERE ACTIVITY OCCURED amillikan
amillikan Offline
New Poster
Sorry about that. Thank you for the quick response!

Return to Top
#2114615 - 01/18/17 07:55 PM Re: SAR- BRANCH WHERE ACTIVITY OCCURED BrianC
djf1 Offline
New Poster
We have OCC in the bank and they are saying that if we check box 40 ( for cashiers check/purchased) then we MUST check box 52 & 64 as the .

said an advisory from 2009 told us it needed to be done.

Return to Top
#2114620 - 01/18/17 08:08 PM Re: SAR- BRANCH WHERE ACTIVITY OCCURED amillikan
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
From the instructions:

Item 52 Financial institution role in transaction: Check the box “Selling location” if the customer purchased at the Part III financial institution the products or instruments recorded in Items 39 or 40. Check the box “Paying location” if the customer received payment from the Part III financial institution for the products or instruments recorded in Items 39 or 40. Check the box “Both” if the Part III financial institution was both a paying and selling location for the products or instruments recorded in Items 39 or 40.

Item 64 Branch’s role:
Check the box “Selling location” if the branch sold the products or instruments recorded in Items 39 or 40 to a customer. Check the box “Paying location” if a customer received payment from the branch for the products or instruments recorded in Items 39 or 40. Check the box “Both” if the Part III financial institution branch was both a paying and selling location for the products or instruments recorded in Items 39 or 40. This item must be blank if no branch is involved in the suspicious activity. If multiple branches are involved in the suspicious activity, a separate Item 64 must be prepared for each branch.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z