Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2190225 - 08/23/18 01:38 PM Staff wants a challenge... Anyone care help them?
LiveFunLife Offline
Hello all,

I do a good amount of BSA/AML training for the staff. In the last few months our front-line staff have been getting weekly questions and small trivia style games for prizes. A few though have grown to be a tad bit uh... over inflated. They told me come up with questions that can stump them and they will bring me snacks and prizes. I told them I would be asking you all and they said they doubt it will help. Hahaha anyone have some good questions to stump the crew at the windows?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2190249 - 08/23/18 02:12 PM Re: Staff wants a challenge... Anyone care help them? LiveFunLife
HappyGilmore Online
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
sure, ask them to recap RegCC holds, detailing type of deposits, hold time, amount of funds that must be made available and when, and special circumstances around holds.

that ought to shut them up!

Return to Top
#2190253 - 08/23/18 02:20 PM Re: Staff wants a challenge... Anyone care help them? LiveFunLife
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
How about Reg GG it is one of the worst written reg I am sure you can get them stumped as to the definition of illegal internet gambling vs. legal internet gambling in certain states. .

CAMS

Return to Top
#2190284 - 08/23/18 03:31 PM Re: Staff wants a challenge... Anyone care help them? LiveFunLife
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Since you're a BSA/AML veteran, you've probably hit them with various types of customer inquiries and possible staff responses to see if they can flag the ones that could be considered to be aiding & abetting structuring.

If "the rules" allow you to mix topics, throw in all kinds of customer inquiries that can be answered in ways that are problems or can lead to them. Inadvertent triggering of the Reg E error resolution process comes to mind...and as HG says, Reg. CC is always an accident waiting to happen. If you can get into lending inquiries, see how they would answer questions relating to interest rates vs. APRs.

Return to Top
#2190291 - 08/23/18 03:44 PM Re: Staff wants a challenge... Anyone care help them? LiveFunLife
LiveFunLife Offline
Richard: Haha I wish I were a veteran... I have grown tremendously in the year I have been in the books but it will be some great amount of time before I can get to BOL level of understanding and then maybe I can add to the discussions in a better way. The rules are what I make them when it comes to question times so I definitely about throw in some Reg E issues.

I have two good Reg CC questions added to the list thanks Happy. I even got back into the reg as I confused myself a tad

Reg GG is cruel to hit the front-line staff with edAudit. So I now have two questions added to the mix as I enjoy a good rigorous testing for prizes (plus they said Purple bag Doritos are part of my winnings so their fault really).

There are 3 people specifically who are going to get a gauntlet of a trivia game today. Won't be doing it until after lunch so a few more hours if you all have more ideas!

Thanks

*Edit* now does not start with a k...
Last edited by LiveFunLife; 08/23/18 03:45 PM.
Return to Top
#2190293 - 08/23/18 03:46 PM Re: Staff wants a challenge... Anyone care help them? LiveFunLife
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Throw a cash to close TRID problem at them where the loan amount exceeds the purchase price.

Return to Top
#2190316 - 08/23/18 04:08 PM Re: Staff wants a challenge... Anyone care help them? LiveFunLife
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Does your bank have someone who sells investment products? If yes, questions on NDIP are always good ones for the "deer in the headlights" look.

Return to Top
#2190447 - 08/23/18 11:40 PM Re: Staff wants a challenge... Anyone care help them? LiveFunLife
Mike Mixon Offline
New Poster
Mike Mixon
Kingman, AZ
Or go easy on them with some bank trivia:

What is the only common U.S. coin with two faces on one side?
The Sacajawea dollar has her face and her baby's face.

Name all the Presidents on U.S. Bills.
Some will get this right, but many will forget that Hamilton and Franklin were never President.

Why do they only print U.S. currency up to the $100.00 bill?
The larger denominations were mostly used for moving money between banks, and with the advent of electronic transfers
they became useful mostly for the illegal movement of cash.

Again, many of the employees may get this right, but not all of them, especially the younger ones.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z