Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2218451 - 07/25/19 05:54 PM Checking account for individual with no SSN/ITIN
HeyHey Offline
Good afternoon,

What risks are associated with and compliance concerns should I be aware of, if we are to open checking accounts with debit cards for individuals with no SSN/ITIN, non-residents?

They have all other pieces of info that CIP would require for non-residents...

You must have an Identification number, which is:
(i) For a U.S. person, a taxpayer identification number; or
(ii) For a non-U.S. person, one or more of the following: a taxpayer identification number; passport number and country of issuance; alien identification card number; or number and country of issuance of any other government-issued document evidencing nationality or residence and bearing a photograph or similar safeguard." So Non-US persons may have other ID numbers.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2218457 - 07/25/19 06:24 PM Re: Checking account for individual with no SSN/ITIN HeyHey
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Check with your card issuer - you might need an international card license to issue to non-us persons.

Return to Top
#2218490 - 07/25/19 10:58 PM Re: Checking account for individual with no SSN/ITIN HeyHey
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
You'll probably want to review the Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Individuals section of the BSA/AML Manual.

Return to Top
#2218551 - 07/26/19 05:30 PM Re: Checking account for individual with no SSN/ITIN HeyHey
HeyHey Offline
Thanks for everyone's help.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z