Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2250500 - 03/12/21 08:15 PM Attach spreadsheet to amended SAR?
Compliance Nut Offline
We need to file an amendment to a SAR due to an error the filer made in item 24 Relationship of subject to institution. I have updated the original narrative with a beginning sentence explaining the amendment and correction. My question is, when I file the amendment should I attached the spreadsheet that was included in the original filing?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2250794 - 03/18/21 12:16 PM Re: Attach spreadsheet to amended SAR? Compliance Nut
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
I've not seen anything affirmatively address spreadsheets specifically, but this is from FinCEN's SAR FAQs:
"The filer should complete the FinCEN SAR in its entirety, including the corrected/amended information and noting those corrections at the beginning of the narrative, save (and print, if desired) a copy of the filing, and submit the filing."

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2250807 - 03/18/21 02:19 PM Re: Attach spreadsheet to amended SAR? Compliance Nut
Compliance Nut Offline
Yes and in my mind that would include attaching the spreadsheet, but our internal audit says it does not.

Return to Top
#2250811 - 03/18/21 02:30 PM Re: Attach spreadsheet to amended SAR? Compliance Nut
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Are they saying it is a problem to include the spreadsheet? Do they have a citation?

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2250813 - 03/18/21 02:40 PM Re: Attach spreadsheet to amended SAR? Compliance Nut
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you leave off the spreadsheet, then it will no longer show in the amended record I believe. As Adam said, the spreadsheet is part of the SAR "in its entirety". It totally replaces the original.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z