Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2267599 - 03/14/22 03:56 PM High Risk Customer List Question
Bonkers for BSA Offline
We have gas stations on our High Risk Customer List. Some of these gas stations that we have we are very familiar with the business and don't feel that they're necessarily high risk, but have them listed because of the business type they are. Are we required to have all gas stations on our High Risk Customer List or can we remove the ones that we are comfortable with, document our reasoning, and move on?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2267601 - 03/14/22 04:18 PM Re: High Risk Customer List Question Bonkers for BSA
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Why would a gas station be a high risk? Customer type might be a factor in your determination of risk, but it is not the only factor.

Return to Top
#2267617 - 03/14/22 07:10 PM Re: High Risk Customer List Question rlcarey
Bonkers for BSA Offline
Being that they're cash intensive. Are there customers that are "required" to be on the High Risk Customer Listing? ie. attorneys, car dealerships, etc.

Return to Top
#2267618 - 03/14/22 07:14 PM Re: High Risk Customer List Question Bonkers for BSA
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
No one is required to be on a high-risk list. Your risk rating methodology should be tailored to your institution's risk profile (geography, products, services, customers, transaction volume, etc.)

Return to Top
#2267621 - 03/14/22 07:31 PM Re: High Risk Customer List Question Bonkers for BSA
Valley girl Offline
Gold Star
TX
I wonder if they are on the list because they aren't EMV compliant. We've had pump skimmers in our area since last August. They created counterfeit cards that they use at a handful of stations in another city about an hour away from us. I've wondered how long two of the stations were going to be able to hold out with the onslaught of chargebacks.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z