Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#122074 - 10/10/03 08:39 PM Name/Address Discrepancy
LSmith Offline
Platinum Poster
LSmith
Would it be acceptable if we have a discrepancy in the address to have a procedure to send a welcome letter to all new account holders. If address returns, track for discrepancy then? Most accounts get a statement, past due notices, checks, etc. If nothing returns is this verification enough? OR is it necessary to require the customer to bring in a Post office address change, or utility bill, etc showing new address?

Also what about name. If my driver's license say Mary L. Smith, but my Social security card says Elizabeth Smith are wer required to make her bring in her birth certificate or something that has Mary Elizabeth on it?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#122075 - 10/10/03 09:13 PM Re: Name/Address Discrepancy
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
If two names related to an account are not just different e.g. Mary Smith v M Smith but inconsistent e.g. Mary Smith vElizabeth Smith, I'd be looking for a d@mn good, and documented, explanation as to how one person came to have two different names.

My first guess would be that the SS card was somebody else's as it has no photo or other identification information on it.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z