Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#784820 - 07/27/07 06:32 PM Everything You Need to Know About SARs
Retread Offline
Power Poster
Retread
Southeast
At least a lot of it. Just saw this for the first time. Actually, it is pretty helpful.

http://www.fincen.gov/reg_sar_index.html

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#784845 - 07/27/07 06:51 PM Re: Everything You Need to Know About SARs Retread
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
BOL's SAR Research Guide has been around for a lot longer than this FinCEN page. It looks like FinCEN saw the utility in an index.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#784889 - 07/27/07 07:07 PM Re: Everything You Need to Know About SARs John Burnett
Retread Offline
Power Poster
Retread
Southeast
John,

I am not short-changing the BOL Index. I have used it many times and it is great. FinCEN has also had an index of sorts at the end of some of the SAR Activity Reviews. Problem was that if you were able to click on the link, it only took you to the Review. You had to search the review for the specific topic. This one takes you directly to the topic within the publication. Finally, they have come up with something that can be useful. Now, if they could work on a way to better search their site for specific words or phrases, things would really be going in the right direction.

Return to Top
#784904 - 07/27/07 07:12 PM Re: Everything You Need to Know About SARs Retread
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
And I don't mean to put down the new FinCEN index, either. Except for the one or two unlinked entries, I agree that they've created a very useful tool. I was only pointing out that we did it first, in a slightly different way.

I hold out hope that FinCEN's stated intention to make this BSA stuff easier means their Web site will improve, too. It really is hard to find what you want there.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#784941 - 07/27/07 07:25 PM Re: Everything You Need to Know About SARs John Burnett
Retread Offline
Power Poster
Retread
Southeast
For what it is worth, I often use http://www.soople.com/ when looking for something on the FinCEN site. Go down to "search within a site" enter your search term (in quotes) in the keyword block and then enter fincen.gov for the site to search. It works much better than the search function on the FinCEN site.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z