Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1226100 - 08/02/09 11:10 PM Annual Board Reporting
Tocomply Offline
Platinum Poster
I know there is a requirement to give the board an annual update of BSA in the company, but I cannot fine it anywhere. Can someone help me locate it?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1226142 - 08/03/09 01:06 PM Re: Annual Board Reporting Tocomply
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
There is no such legal requirement. The closest you will get is the fact that your BSA/AML & OFAC programs should be supported by a current risk assessment. That's per the BSA/AML Examination Handbook, not regulation.

There is no predetermined frequency for updating the risk assessment; it should be reviewed whenever one of the major elements on which it is based; i.e. products, services, customers, or geography change. For a low risk bank, updating it between on site exams is the minimal effort; e.g. every 18 months. However, I suggest you update it and report the results to the board at least annually.

Return to Top
#1227629 - 08/05/09 04:45 PM Re: Annual Board Reporting Tocomply
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
What you might have been thinking about is an Exam procedure on page 34 of the BSA Exam manual that says examiners should: "Assess whether the board of directors and senior management receive adequate reports on BSA/AML compliance."

"Adequate" does not necessarily mean "annual", of course, but that may be the policy at your institution.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z