Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1232358 - 08/13/09 07:13 PM QPay - should I be concerned?
devsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
NYC
I found a business customer whose activity consists only of cash deposits and ACH debits from QPay. I found the QPay Web site and it is not entirely clear what they do but they could be involved in money transmission or phone card sales. Has anyone else seen this activity and, if so, could you please explain what you know. Thanks.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1232796 - 08/14/09 02:31 PM Re: QPay - should I be concerned? devsfan
YoungAndEager Offline
100 Club
Indiana
I read the QPay website, and they make payments to vendors - primary advantage would be you could make your payments to anyone around the world using cash at their kiosk. But, I don't understand why your business wouldn't just use their checks / debit cards to pay their bills.

Also, what type of business is this? Do you think this is usual activity for this type of business (depositing only cash)?

Return to Top
#1233000 - 08/14/09 04:34 PM Re: QPay - should I be concerned? YoungAndEager
devsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
NYC
The customer's stated business is 'video rental and cigarettes' and from what we see about QPay I don't think that the customer is using them to pay their bills. We tried to contact the customer and there was no answer. In addition, there has not been any activity in about 1 month. Looks like a candidate for closing and SAR. Thanks for your input.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z