Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1513311 - 02/23/11 01:53 PM Call center script for USA Patriot Act
CARM9 Offline
100 Club
I am in need of assistance on what is acceptable verbiage for a call center that opens new accounts with respect to the USA Patriot Act disclosure.

Model sign language for the retail lobby reads as follows:

"To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents."

Since that is alot to say each time a potential client calls in is there an acceptable shorter verbal model language that meets the criteria and keeps us in compliance with the act?

Would this be sufficient?

“In compliance with Federal Legislation, we will be requesting and verifying pertinent identity information”

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1513455 - 02/23/11 04:37 PM Re: Call center script for USA Patriot Act CARM9
EdieT Offline
EdieT
PA
I recently paid my state tax by phone & this entire disclosure was read.

Return to Top
#1513550 - 02/23/11 05:57 PM Re: Call center script for USA Patriot Act EdieT
WonderWoman Offline
Diamond Poster
WonderWoman
gone fishin'
I know when I called a monster mega bank to open a savings account - they read the whole thing to me.

Return to Top
#1515028 - 02/25/11 09:06 PM Re: Call center script for USA Patriot Act WonderWoman
DebL Offline
Gold Star
CA
When we open accounts over the phone, our call center agents read the whole thing to the potential client.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z