Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1818307 - 05/29/13 07:20 PM filing an amended SAR
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
Our external auditor believes I should file an amended SAR on an ongoing situation(since 2011)because I did not complete a Part 1 subject information on a non-customer involved in the suspicious activity. I know his name and profession, which is included in the narrative, but nothing else.
In the directions for completing a SAR, page 83, it states: "An amended report must be filed on a previously-filed FinCEN SAR or prior SAR versions whenever new data about a reported suspicious activity is discovered and circumstances will not justify filing a continuing report."
I don't have any new data to give, but he wants this guy's name and occupation on the subject info page.
I'll probably just do it, but does it sound like I really need to to anyone else?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1818309 - 05/29/13 07:21 PM Re: filing an amended SAR NotDoneYet
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
I should add, I would include what of his info I do know to a Part 1 the next time I file.

Return to Top
#1818310 - 05/29/13 07:24 PM Re: filing an amended SAR NotDoneYet
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
While it's true that it's easier for law enforcement to search the narrative instead of the boxes, I do not see any basis for amending the SAR to move the information from one locale to another.

I assume this is all your auditor could find?

Return to Top
#1818325 - 05/29/13 07:42 PM Re: filing an amended SAR NotDoneYet
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
It is all he found out of the dozen submitted.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z