Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1823230 - 06/13/13 03:08 PM Safe Deposit Box Deputy Appointment CIP?
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I think I know the answer, but just want to confirm it. We have a safe deposit box leased to a couple. They have named their daughter as deputy. In determining if we should have applied CIP to the deputy, the deputy is actually similar to an authorized signer on a deposit account correct? If so, we would not need to apply CIP to the deputy as our CIP program only applies to account owners. Does this sound correct? Or am I mis-interpretting the function of the deputy appointment?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1823365 - 06/13/13 05:44 PM Re: Safe Deposit Box Deputy Appointment CIP? Dani York, CRCM
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Your analogy is valid; the regulation only applies to a "customer." So, you would only apply your CIP process to the daughter if your bank's CIP required it.

Return to Top
#1823373 - 06/13/13 05:47 PM Re: Safe Deposit Box Deputy Appointment CIP? Dani York, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Thank you so much!

Return to Top
#1823451 - 06/13/13 08:02 PM Re: Safe Deposit Box Deputy Appointment CIP? Dani York, CRCM
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
FYI

I have had this discussion at a previous bank; since they are not "customers" when they are put on the box you can not use the term "existing customer" when they open a deposit account.

CAMS

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z