Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1936129 - 06/27/14 03:33 PM Entities with FI-Branded ATMs on Premise
BSA Aficionado Offline
If an FI establishes a banking relationship with an entity (e.g., major pharmacy or convenience store) who has FI branded-ATMs on premise, am I correct in my interpretation that due diligence need not be performed on those ATMs since they are not "private?"

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1936136 - 06/27/14 03:43 PM Re: Entities with FI-Branded ATMs on Premise BSA Aficionado
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Correct.
That would not be a Private ATM.

Return to Top
#1936167 - 06/27/14 04:18 PM Re: Entities with FI-Branded ATMs on Premise BSA Aficionado
devsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
NYC
The key in my mind is 'who is responsible for replenishing the cash in the ATM?' Your due diligence should focus on your customer if they replenish. If they just rent space then they are not considered the owner of the ATM.

Return to Top
#1936174 - 06/27/14 04:24 PM Re: Entities with FI-Branded ATMs on Premise devsfan
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
This instance may be a little less fact sensitive than normal, the ATM is branded as belonging to a bank. As such, it's simply not a private ATM and triggers no due diligence responsibility on the part of the convenience store's bank beyond, perhaps, simply noting its presence and its owner.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z