Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1964353 - 09/24/14 06:55 PM CIP Worksheets?
BSA_in_depth Offline
Texas
Just trying to get an idea of what most banks are doing to record/retain CIP info. Please let me know if you are:

using an actual paper worksheet that gets imaged,
only retaining the info in your core system,
only retaining the info in your AML software, or
doing something different to document CIP.

If you aren't using a worksheet, how do you document how you resolved discrepancies?

Thanks!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1964364 - 09/24/14 07:16 PM Re: CIP Worksheets? BSA_in_depth
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
We use an actual paper form that gets imaged. It also gets retained on the core system, but often folks put the PO Box (for mailing purposes) into the system instead of the physical address. There is a way of retaining both, but folks need to be better trained and pay attention. The image of the actual paper form assures that we have the physical address on file at the time of account opening.

Return to Top
#1964374 - 09/24/14 07:36 PM Re: CIP Worksheets? BSA_in_depth
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
We image the Chex-system paper form and document any discrepancies on the form and make sure we have a physical address. We can pull the images thru the customer profile if needed. Each customer has a place for notes on their profile, so is something needs to be documented, we do it there also.

Return to Top
#1964396 - 09/24/14 07:54 PM Re: CIP Worksheets? BSA_in_depth
Beachbum, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Knee Deep in Regs
we image actual paper form and maintain CIP information on core processor as well. Exceptions/discrepancies are recorded and worked manually until resolved.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z