Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2004877 - 03/29/15 04:06 PM Interactive SAR Stats
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Admittedly, I'm still pining for the old "SAR Activity Review, By the Numbers" and the functionality of its ppt slides in putting together training, particularly for senior management and members of the board. However, I'm now trying to figure out how a bank or even a regulator, could actually use the Interactive SAR Stats tool that has appeared on FinCEN's web site.

I'm not asking for an explanation of how it works; it's simple enough. I'm asking what good is it; i.e. what can your bank use it for?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2006311 - 04/06/15 02:17 PM Re: Interactive SAR Stats Elwood P. Dowd
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Bump.

Anything?

Return to Top
#2006330 - 04/06/15 02:42 PM Re: Interactive SAR Stats Elwood P. Dowd
BuckDog Offline
100 Club
Tennessee
I had not seen your post prior to this morning. I entered information into it and got the report but I'm not sure how I would use it. Maybe just to see what activity was being reported on SARs in my state. Maybe others can try this out and give us input.

Return to Top
#2006358 - 04/06/15 03:48 PM Re: Interactive SAR Stats Elwood P. Dowd
Compl101TX Offline
Gold Star
Compl101TX
W. TX
I tried it and I don't think I would use it much. I don't know what good it would be to tell the Board that there were 1000 SARs filed for Money Laundering in Texas, for example. Maybe if the info could be sorted further, by region.

Return to Top
#2006421 - 04/06/15 06:52 PM Re: Interactive SAR Stats Elwood P. Dowd
Gioia Offline
I don't think the numbers are real meaningful due to the limited search capabilities. The only thing I got from it is seeing the trend in increasing SAR filings. Not real sure what I will do with that knowledge. I also don't like how they did the total columns.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z