Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2099994 - 09/22/16 06:04 PM PacNet named Transnational Criminal Organization
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
It could be that one of your customers got scammed by this payment processor/MSB or by one of the scammers that uses PacNet to move dirty money around the world.

PacNet designated as transnational criminal organization
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2100092 - 09/23/16 02:14 PM Re: PacNet named Transnational Criminal Organization John Burnett
BSAN3rd Offline
That must also be bad news for the FIs that PacNet holds accounts with.

Return to Top
#2100258 - 09/25/16 10:45 AM Re: PacNet named Transnational Criminal Organization John Burnett
BSAN3rd Offline
I work at a small bank that wants to get into TPPP and MSBs. We currently have a BSA Dept of 2; me (BSA Officer) and 1 analyst who has 1 year of experience in the field. What is some of the potential fallout for the banks doing business with this company? I have other examples of what could happen when doing business with TPPP, but this is the first I've seen where one was labeled a.TCO.

Return to Top
#2100270 - 09/26/16 12:13 PM Re: PacNet named Transnational Criminal Organization John Burnett
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
What is some of the potential fallout for the banks doing business with this company?

You can't do business with this company - period:

"As a result of today’s action, all property and interests in property of the designated persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction are blocked, and U.S. persons are prohibited from engaging in transactions with them."

Return to Top
#2100398 - 09/26/16 06:51 PM Re: PacNet named Transnational Criminal Organization John Burnett
BSAN3rd Offline
I meant, more specifically, the (potentially fraudulent) business that was done with the company prior to its new designation.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z