Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2251112 - 03/24/21 03:50 PM CTR/ ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee
Andrew Toole Offline
New Poster
Hello, I know with check fees they are included in the amount if they are paying cash for the check and the fee of the check. But I was wondering for ATM withdraws when their is a fee do we need to include that in the amount for the CTR as well.

My thoughts are no because no physical monetary transpired.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2251126 - 03/24/21 05:08 PM Re: CTR/ ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee Andrew Toole
Complycated Offline
100 Club
You would not include an ATM fee. You only report on actual, physical currency or coin that changed hands.

Return to Top
#2251127 - 03/24/21 05:10 PM Re: CTR/ ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee Andrew Toole
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Agree, which means for some automated monitoring systems that cannot distinguish the fee amount from the withdrawal amount, you may need to make a manual adjustment to the ATM transaction amount to accurately file the CTR.

Return to Top
#2251171 - 03/24/21 08:08 PM Re: CTR/ ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee Andrew Toole
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
And then there is the ATM that dispenses down to the dollar. My bank has one that pumps out 50, 20, 5 and 1 dollar bills. If a visiting non-customer uses that ATM to withdraw $103, that's what they'll get. And the ATM operator may add a $2 fee. The card issuing bank may end up seeing a $105 withdrawal or a $100 withdrawal with a $5 fee.

If a CTR is involved because of other cash-out activity by that individual, whether the filing bank is accurate or off by a couple dollars one way or the other doesn't really matter in the long run.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z