Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2257754 - 08/05/21 08:10 PM Amazon Stores
Bjet Offline
Has anyone ever heard of purchasing an Amazon Store? Is this some type of a scam??

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2257755 - 08/05/21 08:14 PM Re: Amazon Stores Bjet
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Folks can pay Amazon a monthly fee and a per item sold fee to list their products on Amazon. This is directly through Amazon, there is no need to buy a "Store" from a third party.

https://sell.amazon.com/sell.html

There are third parties are there that sell "optimization services" which claim to guide folks in how to list their products, what keywords to use to make it more likely for their products to appear in searches, etc. (Basic online marketing strategies.)

Your question is too vague for me to be able to comment further.

Return to Top
#2257759 - 08/05/21 08:27 PM Re: Amazon Stores BrianC
Bjet Offline
So we have a customer that apparently purchased an Amazon Store from a local person that is selling them for like $37,500 a store and the customer also needs to supply/purchase the merchandise for this store. Apparently in two years the store they purchased will be paid for. It is a third party that apparently is selling the stores and that is where the customer needs to send or wire the funds for the purchase. Just wondering if this is a scam our customer might be involved in. I haven't heard of such a thing and I haven't seen anything regarding such type of a scam just wondering if anyone has. I was told that there has been something about these Amazon Store purchases on facebook but I don't use facebook that much either.

Return to Top
#2257761 - 08/05/21 08:48 PM Re: Amazon Stores Bjet
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Perform an internet search using the phrase "How to buy an amazon store" It will yield several websites (none of which I have vetted) that talk about purchasing a business that someone else established and now wants to exit. As with any investment opportunity, there is risk of it being a scam or not being as profitable as advertised even if it is legit.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z