Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2276906 - 10/21/22 01:56 PM IRS TIN Matching
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
For those of you participating in the IRS TIN Matching program, What is your record retention of your TIN matching results? Or do you even print them and keep them at all?

Thanks

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2276908 - 10/21/22 02:02 PM Re: IRS TIN Matching Bankwoman1
April Offline
New Poster
Florida
We participate in the IRS TIN matching program. If we complete a search we print/PDF the results page and make sure to image it into the client's folder. If you do the search/work you might as well get credit and save it as documentation.

Return to Top
#2276913 - 10/21/22 02:31 PM Re: IRS TIN Matching Bankwoman1
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Hi April - thanks for the response. That sounds like a good idea. Our only issue with that would be that we do multiple searches at once and print the results page, that contains all of the search results. We normally keep the results in a binder in the compliance department. I'm leaning towards keeping them for 2 years, however, I'm not sure how long it is that the IRS can come back with a B notice...

Return to Top
#2276915 - 10/21/22 02:44 PM Re: IRS TIN Matching Bankwoman1
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Update: Sorry - I thought we had created procedures for this a while ago but was having issues finding them for some reason. Well, I finally found them! We keep our results for two years.

Please disregard this post!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z