Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#157404 - 02/05/04 10:44 PM Secured guaranty for residential property
BKB Offline
100 Club
BKB
Midwest
Would it matter if a commercial loan is secured by a guaranty, which is secured by a residential dwelling in considering the loan as CRA reportable?

Return to Top
CRA
#157405 - 02/05/04 10:53 PM Re: Secured guaranty for residential property
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Nope, it's still secured by a residential property. It's a type 3 but if you feel special about your type 3's you could always share them for extra credit

I take a conservative view, but if the loan isn't 100% secured and you took a deed on the place...well you've got a dwelling you're looking to for repayment in case of default and that makes it type 3.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#157406 - 02/05/04 10:59 PM Re: Secured guaranty for residential property
BKB Offline
100 Club
BKB
Midwest
Thanks, that is what I was thinking, but of course got questioned on it. So other that taking it as an abundance of caution there is no way around having to code these as a 3.

Return to Top
#157407 - 02/06/04 08:54 AM Re: Secured guaranty for residential property
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
One question - is the loan you are reviewing an SBA loan, and the property secured guaranty was required by SBA?

If so, I don't think those loans are really "secured" by residential property since you generally also get a UCC filing on just about everything for the business.

The SBA just likes to attach just about anything they can, and I've seen these silly residence secured guarantys in 3rd and 4th position where there is no hope of acquiring any value. I think its a "psyche" thing on the part of the SBA. And a real paperwork pain in the butt as well.

Return to Top
#157408 - 02/06/04 02:31 PM Re: Secured guaranty for residential property
BKB Offline
100 Club
BKB
Midwest
No, it is not an SBA deal. The note is secured by non-real estate business assets and there is a personal guaranty secured by the home.

Return to Top