Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#349464 - 04/20/05 10:37 PM CRA Policy
Candice Offline
100 Club
Southern California
Is it a requirement to have a Board Approved CRA Policy??

Return to Top
CRA
#349465 - 04/20/05 10:40 PM Re: CRA Policy
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
No, but it's a good idea. Exams now a days are more about risk, and management of your program, than anything else (ok your numbers can't suck) Having a policy in place that details your procedures, responsabilities, etc., is a plus in the eyes of an examiner. It shows you take the issue seriously, and know what you're doing

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#349466 - 04/20/05 10:40 PM Re: CRA Policy
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I don't believe there is a reqirement but it is a prudent thing to do.

Return to Top
#349467 - 04/20/05 10:49 PM Re: CRA Policy
Candice Offline
100 Club
Southern California
Thanks for the advice!

Return to Top
#349468 - 04/21/05 01:32 AM Re: CRA Policy
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
The revised CRA examination checklist for federal examiners explicitly requires an examiner to review written CRA policy and to confirm it has been properly authorized by the BOD. So while written CRA policy may not be explicitly mentioned in the regulations, it is apparent that examiners expect a written policy to be a part of a bank's CRA program. The new emphasis on "process" focuses more on procedures, controls, documentation and "self-assessment" as an integral part of any bank's CRA responsibilities. Given the high potential for misunderstanding and errors, prudence would suggest written procedures and policies for every CRA lender. I have seen too many situations where the "right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" resulting in inconsistent loan classifications and compromised data integrity. Every lender should have written policies and procedures IMO.

Return to Top
#349469 - 04/21/05 03:03 PM Re: CRA Policy
KAT Offline
Platinum Poster
Massachusetts
We have ours reviewed by the board annually. That seems to work for us. Basically with the new policy they get a sheet stating what changes have been made.

Return to Top
#349470 - 04/22/05 07:26 PM Re: CRA Policy
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Sunshine, if you'd like a policy to work from, feel free to email me (please email verses pm because I'm not always able to get those). You'll find my email address in my profile (click my name).

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top