Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2088422 - 07/15/16 09:34 PM CD loan in Upper Income Tract?
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
We did a 4 million dollar loan that was for the purposes of completely rehabbing a large commercial facility, similar to a strip mall. The building has fallen into disrepair and was foreclosed on (not by us). The building currently has one tenant that occupies 50% of the space. The building is in an upper income tract. The building is located near a lake, which is the only reason why the area is upper income (large homes on the lake). There are several moderate income tracts that surround the upper tract.

The rehab of this facility will definitely create jobs and since it is a retail facility, those jobs will likely be lower income. I'm hesitant to try to claim this for CD credit due to the fact that it is located in an upper income tract, but it seems like it might meet the economic development test.

Thoughts?

Return to Top
CRA
#2088426 - 07/15/16 10:06 PM Re: CD loan in Upper Income Tract? TMatt87
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I would focus on the jobs creation, being very specific (types of tenants in property, etc.) and the distance to moderate income tracts. If travel to the site is reasonable (I do not know size of tract), and commuting is the norm you likely could get credit. The wealthy people with lake homes likely won't want the jobs.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#2088509 - 07/18/16 02:34 PM Re: CD loan in Upper Income Tract? TMatt87
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
^^^ that! Economic development with low skill low wage job creation.

Return to Top