Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#133708 - 11/24/03 05:17 PM Insomniac!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Ok, how many of us have trouble sleeping? Three days in a row, I have woken up at 3:30 am, and have been unable to go back to sleep.

Now, it's 12:00 eastern time and I am cranky and have a horrible headache!

I am ready to go home...Is it the job???

Return to Top
#133709 - 11/24/03 05:24 PM Re: Insomniac!
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
I think there is nothing worse than broken sleep. I sometimes go all week long that way. I have already gone to bed at 10:00 PM...only to get up at 1:00 AM and just not be able to go to sleep. This may continue for several days (of course, not with those exact time frames, but still not sleep)

You want to talk about cranky?

Return to Top
#133710 - 11/24/03 05:45 PM Re: Insomniac!
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Maria, I did the exact same thing. Usually that means I'm worried about something but haven't figured it out yet. I think I've figured it out (work related) and I'm working to recitfy the situation today. Good luck sleeping better tonight. Not that I'm into taking drugs too much, but have you thought about taking something like Tylenol PM? I have some at home but I've only taken them once I think.

Return to Top
#133711 - 11/24/03 05:49 PM Re: Insomniac!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Oh, you mean the examiners being here Thanksgiving week and the BSA officer is on a hunting vacation, might have something to do with this????

Return to Top
#133712 - 11/24/03 05:51 PM Re: Insomniac!
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Oh, you mean the examiners being here Thanksgiving week and the BSA officer is on a hunting vacation, might have something to do with this????

Only if it's a new phenomenon. But look at the bright side, Maria- waking up in the middle of the night means less chance of sleepwalking.

Return to Top
#133713 - 11/24/03 05:53 PM Re: Insomniac!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Only if it's a new phenomenon. But look at the bright side, Maria- waking up in the middle of the night means less chance of sleepwalking.

ROFLOL, Jac, I had tears in my eyes...I guess I'll never live down the German thing, eh?

Return to Top
#133714 - 11/24/03 06:00 PM Re: Insomniac!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I've been an insomniac for about 5 years now. I get sooo sleepy about 5:30 or 6:00 pm, but once I make it past 8:00pm, I'm up until at least 1:00 or 2:00am usually. If I do manage to go to sleep at a decent time, I wake up off and on all night. I have to have a nap on Saturday or Sunday just to make it. I've tried everything from over the counter sleep aids to prescriptions for sleeping pills. I don't know if I just have an incredible tolerance or what but they don't work for me. Even reading compliance material won't put me to sleep

Return to Top
#133715 - 11/24/03 06:03 PM Re: Insomniac!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Gee elena,
Too bad you are going to bed when I am getting up, or I could call you and we could chat about the latest and greatest in compliance!

Return to Top
#133716 - 11/24/03 06:22 PM Re: Insomniac!
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

ROFLOL

It's less than an hour after you started this thread, and the crankiness is already going away!

Return to Top
#133717 - 11/24/03 06:33 PM Re: Insomniac!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Maria, you and the Junebug seem to be on the same schedule. Although in her case it does seem to be somewhat related to teething - are you teething by any chance?? However, while SHE can go back to sleep, once I'm up, I'm UP. I really am getting tired (literally) of getting up at 4am.

Return to Top
#133718 - 11/24/03 07:11 PM Re: Insomniac!
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I can't sleep, I start reading regulations. Works every time.

Return to Top
#133719 - 11/24/03 07:25 PM Re: Insomniac!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Gee elena,
Too bad you are going to bed when I am getting up, or I could call you and we could chat about the latest and greatest in compliance!

Call away! I log on to BOL sometimes just to see who's online, and every once in a blue moon I'll find someone in the middle of the night. I logged on Sunday after Mass and was the only one online. It was creepy, so I left.

Return to Top
#133720 - 11/24/03 07:52 PM Re: Insomniac!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Gee elena,

WHAT ARE YOU PRETENDING NOT TO KNOW?

Also, I'll second the motion that you and Elena should get together, what a pair! (with Elena spending the most time on the BOL Couch or in the Watercooler)

Return to Top
#133721 - 11/24/03 07:58 PM Re: Insomniac!
Bob McComas Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob McComas
Dallas, Texas
Whenever I get in sleepless routine, I take a shot of Nyquil. I get a good night of sleep and wake up without any hangover effects. It works for me.

Return to Top
#133722 - 11/24/03 08:01 PM Re: Insomniac!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

WHAT ARE YOU PRETENDING NOT TO KNOW?

Also, I'll second the motion that you and Elena should get together, what a pair! (with Elena spending the most time on the BOL Couch or in the Watercooler)

Gee Ray, I thought you weren't the "couch" type. Don't lurk if you don't like it!

Return to Top
#133723 - 11/24/03 08:04 PM Re: Insomniac!
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Although I am fascinated by the stuff on the History Channel the voice of the narrators is soothing enough to put me to sleep. It works almost every night. Give it a try.

Return to Top
#133724 - 11/24/03 08:06 PM Re: Insomniac!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Thanks for the tips: Nyquil, Tylenol PMs, History channel... and so on...

Return to Top
#133725 - 11/24/03 08:09 PM Re: Insomniac!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excedrin PMS - - - That must be a new one.

Return to Top
#133726 - 11/24/03 08:15 PM Re: Insomniac!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I haven't slept through the night in years, but I did finally learn not to get up! I just stay up and end up ugly the next day

This time of year is the worst. It gets light about 10 am, and turns dark after 3 pm so my body clock says "it's dark, go to sleep" at 3, but they actually expect me to stick around here til later than that. Then when I get home, my body clock says "missed your opportunity sweetie, now you're gonna suffer til after 1 am til you learn your lesson"

My body clock might be possessed...it talks a lot!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#133727 - 11/24/03 08:17 PM Re: Insomniac!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Doctor is in:

Your problem is GUILT. You spend way too much time on the Couch and in the Watercooler, in fact, you are one of the three most prolific posters to those forums during working hours, according to my analysis. Of course, Elena is right up there with you, so there is some sort of shared experience going on that's now been acknowledged in this thread.

The answer - get back to work, work hard and you will begin to sleep well, knowing that you've given your employer 100%.

Return to Top
#133728 - 11/24/03 08:22 PM Re: Insomniac! *DELETED*
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Post deleted by Maria KFSB

Return to Top
#133729 - 11/24/03 08:25 PM Re: Insomniac!
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

You spend way too much time on the Couch and in the Watercooler, in fact, you are one of the three most prolific posters to those forums during working hours, according to my analysis. Of course, Elena is right up there with you,

And rounding out the top three is our good friend, and long time BOL User- anonymous.

Return to Top
#133730 - 11/24/03 08:43 PM Re: Insomniac!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Gee anon, that was really helpful. I wonder what I'd do without your superior insight?
However, having just got an Outstanding on my compliance examination, I can't help but inform you that your diagnosis must be incorrect. Perhaps I can just do more than one thing at a time.

It's no wonder that malpractice insurance is so high for doctors.

Oh, please get a second opinion, but GUILT is the diagnosis.

By the way, I'm unaware of a regulatory entity that would give an "outstanding" rating in compliance to any financial institution. I believe the highest is "1", but the worl "outstanding" is really not part of regulatory vocabulary. So, perhaps, add delusional as a secondary ailment. Go will this plan, you will sleep a lot better.

Return to Top
#133731 - 11/24/03 08:47 PM Re: Insomniac! *DELETED*
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Post deleted by Maria KFSB

Return to Top
#133732 - 11/24/03 08:59 PM Re: Insomniac!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Quote:

I'm unaware of a regulatory entity that would give an "outstanding" rating in compliance to any financial institution. I believe the highest is "1", but the worl "outstanding" is really not part of regulatory vocabulary.

A little homework is always good before you start typing. CRA (the Community Reinvestment Act) designates banks by the term Outstanding, Satisfactory, etc.

Each portion of the exam also has verbiage that highlights the banks efforts in meeting every piece of the regulation. The word "Outstanding" can be used quite often.

It is also used in HMDA in discussing the bank's programs, as well as many other words that when added up can lead the bank to a hint on their final exam determination if the context of the word is compared to the exam outcome scores. This is accomplished by using examiner guidebooks. (Adequate will garner you a Satisfactory, Outstanding or Excellent will garner you a higher rating in an exam, etc.).

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett