Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1809013 - 04/29/13 06:21 PM A sad lesson we've all learned before
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
One lesson in life that we seem to get too often is never take life for granted.

I learned today that the 46 year old brother in law of one of my best childhood friends passed away suddenly today. He was the husband of my friends little sister, and they have a seven year old boy. I can remember my friend's sister as a toddler with big brown eyes. Now she's a widow, much too young.

So hug everybody you love today.

One sad twist to this is that four of us guys who have known each other since childhood have been planning a guys' trip to Florida this weekend. Now it will just be three of us. My friend who lost his bro-in-law has been a close friend for 50 years, since first grade. We're scattered all over the country now, and he's had enough other burdens in life and needed this weekend away.

Return to Top
#1809018 - 04/29/13 06:46 PM Re: A sad lesson we've all learned before MyBrainHurts
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
frown

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1809021 - 04/29/13 06:51 PM Re: A sad lesson we've all learned before MyBrainHurts
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
You are so right Brain!
Last edited by Bankbb1, PITA; 04/29/13 06:52 PM.

Return to Top
#1809471 - 04/30/13 05:26 PM Re: A sad lesson we've all learned before MyBrainHurts
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
This seems to be more common lately. A co-worker of my husband passed away over the weekend, age 56. She had some back pain, went to the chiro, it didn't help. Went to another doctor, had tests, xrays, found out it was cancer. Started chemo, then they found it had already spread to her lungs and other organs. Last Friday, she was in such bad shape she was on a morphine drip. Then she was gone. All of this in about a month's time. eek She leaves a husband and 3 kids, the youngest still in high school. I can't even imagine.

You're right, MBH. Carpe diem.

Return to Top
#1809475 - 04/30/13 05:34 PM Re: A sad lesson we've all learned before MyBrainHurts
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
frown

Return to Top
#1809898 - 05/01/13 06:35 PM Re: A sad lesson we've all learned before MyBrainHurts
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I am so sorry. It does seem more common - I just lost 2 friends in the past 2 months to heart attacks - they were 56 and 61. Much too young.

My mom always says "hug those you love and tell them how you feel about them today, because tomorrow you may not have the chance"

Return to Top
#1809991 - 05/01/13 08:22 PM Re: A sad lesson we've all learned before MyBrainHurts
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
Beagle... your mom is a smart woman. Words to live by, for sure.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett