BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2037527 - 09/08/15 04:24 PM Sad
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
For the second time in 2 months, we've just received word that a family friend's husband has passed away. Both men were ill (inoperable tumors in one case and lymphoma in the other) so it wasn't a complete shock, but it's hard. Especially since both left teenage daughters. I'm just ... sad. Sad for their wives, sad for their families, so sad for their daughters.

Return to Top
#2037540 - 09/08/15 05:06 PM Re: Sad E.E.G.B
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
It is always sad to hear of someone passing away in the prime of their life especially when they leave behind spouses and children. It will be a very difficult time for the families. I'm very sorry for the loss of your friends EGB.

Return to Top
#2037596 - 09/08/15 09:13 PM Re: Sad E.E.G.B
#ONENANA Offline
New Poster
Texas Girl
It just doesn't seem fair that some are taken from us so young. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and the families of these men.

Return to Top
#2037662 - 09/09/15 02:42 PM Re: Sad E.E.G.B
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
sorry to hear this EGB...life is precious.

Return to Top
#2037768 - 09/09/15 08:13 PM Re: Sad E.E.G.B
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
A friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. His daughter graduated high school just before he passed. They were VERY close...it was so very sad frown

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2037835 - 09/10/15 03:05 PM Re: Sad E.E.G.B
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I attended 3 funerals last week. Life events are about all I attend these days. Someone is either dying, marrying, having a baby or moving and changing jobs.

Return to Top
#2038020 - 09/11/15 01:55 PM Re: Sad E.E.G.B
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
So sorry to hear about your friends. Prayers to them and their families.

We avoid the C word around here. It has taken so many around here lately and so young. My boss' husband just got diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and is non-curable. In today's paper, there are 3 people who passed due to cancer one being a wife a cancer doctor and who was an oncology nurse.

You never know what life will give you. Live it to the fullest and love your family. I held my daughter a little longer last night at bedtime.

Return to Top
#2038031 - 09/11/15 02:18 PM Re: Sad ahkcompliance
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Originally Posted By ahkcompliance

You never know what life will give you. Live it to the fullest and love your family.

So true. My son just lost a really close friend to cancer. He was only 32, and married with a 2 year old son. The last thing he said was his wife's name.

On the bright side, a co-workers husband celebrated his birthday by watching the Cardinals beat the Cubs the other day. He's cancer free after a long struggle.

Return to Top
#2038037 - 09/11/15 02:31 PM Re: Sad E.E.G.B
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Sorry to hear of your friends' sad situation EGB.

Brings to mind one of the Byrds greatest hit songs: "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven....a time to mourn and a time to dance." Ecclesiastes 3: 1, 4

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett