Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#446396 - 10/25/05 02:43 PM Kidney stones
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
I have had two surgeries in the last couple of months to remove kidney stones. On Sept. 27th, I had a lithotripsy to break up the last of the stones. I went back last week to have an x-ray (with the dye so everything shows up). According to the x-ray, I do not have any more stones; however, I am still hurting. Not as bad as I was, but still enough that I'm uncomfortable. Anyway, my question is, has anyone had this done? Should I still be hurting, or could something else be the problem? I know that I should call the doctor, but I hate to take more time off of work if this is all normal. I tried researching this some, but I couldn't really find too much. So, I was hoping that someone out in BOL land could help me.

Return to Top
#446397 - 10/25/05 02:51 PM Re: Kidney stones
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
during the surgery they could have left something in there, like their tools, maybe your going to be sore for awhile, i'm not trying to be smart either, but i have no experience in this matter, but my grandmother has had problems with this

Return to Top
#446398 - 10/25/05 03:07 PM Re: Kidney stones
RobinB Offline
Gold Star
RobinB
Maryland
My husband had this done almost 20 years ago--- from what I recall it took many months for the pains to subside. Good luck!

Return to Top
#446399 - 10/25/05 03:09 PM Re: Kidney stones
Miss Chee Offline
Platinum Poster
Miss Chee
TAKE THE TIME OFF! My husband just had this last Thanksgiving. Gave birth to a 4mm STAGHORN stone. He ended up having complications from when the catheter was removed. The healing time would of been shorter and he wouldn't of had an infection that caused lasting problems. PM if you want (gory) specific details and some remedies/preventions.

Return to Top
#446400 - 10/25/05 03:27 PM Re: Kidney stones
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I had a bout with this a year or so ago, and while mine passed naturally (ouch!) I did have pain afterwards. Also, my stone did not show up in any of the x-rays or cat scans. It takes some time to heal after these wicked little things do their stuff. Discuss it with your doctor so he/she knows what is going on. They gave me meds to take to prevent new stones from forming and they monitor me every six months. Good Luck.

Return to Top
#446401 - 10/25/05 05:01 PM Re: Kidney stones
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Okie Dokie-

Call the nurse. They are usually pretty helpful and can let you know if this is normal or if you need to come in.

Feel Better Soon!!

Return to Top
#446402 - 10/25/05 06:28 PM Re: Kidney stones
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I had one that passed naturally as well, extremely painful, and felt the after effects for about a week...

Return to Top
#446403 - 10/25/05 08:53 PM Re: Kidney stones
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
I broke down and called the nurse. She spoke with the doctor and called me back. I have to go have a CT Scan of my kidneys in the morning to make sure that nothing else is going on. Hopefully, I will know something in a few days!

Return to Top
#446404 - 10/25/05 09:37 PM Re: Kidney stones
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
cranberry juice...as nasty as it tastes, it help with the pain...

Return to Top
#446405 - 10/28/05 08:09 PM Re: Kidney stones
Miss Chee Offline
Platinum Poster
Miss Chee
Hope all is well with you Okie. But if you need to scream, Halloween is the time to do it.

Return to Top
#446406 - 10/28/05 08:28 PM Re: Kidney stones
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
I got the results of my CT Scan this morning. The doc said that nothing was wrong with my kidneys, so he didn't really know what was going on (glad I spent so much money for that piece of information! ) Anyway, he told me to go see my family doctor and let him run some test to see if he can figure out what is happening. So I have an appointment in about 30 minutes and hopefully I will know something after that!

Return to Top
#446407 - 10/31/05 06:43 PM Re: Kidney stones
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I was thinking about you yesterday Okie. My hubby thought he was nursing a kidney stone, but ended up in the emergency room with back spasms.

Anyways...I hope you are feeling better.

Return to Top
#446408 - 10/31/05 06:48 PM Re: Kidney stones
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
My family doctor gave me some medicine Friday afternoon for kidney spasms. It's not really helping yet, but I am still hopeful that things will get better.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett