Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#464751 - 12/01/05 07:45 PM STD Test
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone ever had one of these? I saw a commercial for it and figured it would be a good idea to have one so I made an appointment. What do they do? How long does it take to get the results back?

Return to Top
#464752 - 12/01/05 09:46 PM Re: STD Test
Anonymous
Unregistered

I logged out for obvious reasons, don't want to be known as STD girl. Anyway, I get tested every year at my physical exam for the highly contagious ones, chlamydia and gonoreah (sp?). I have been tested for HIV, Hepatitis and Syphallis (sp?). The last three are tested by blood, which is not a big deal. Depending on if you're male or female, the first two are tested by swabs in different ways. I think it is so important to get tested. In my circle of friends and associates, it's just a "duh" thing to do once in a while. It's a scary world out there and even if you use protection, you can still get something.

And, these diseases don't discriminate. You don't have to be a [censored] to contract one.

Return to Top
#464753 - 12/02/05 07:25 PM Re: STD Test
ZGuy20 Offline
Platinum Poster
I have gotten tested, and it was just done by blood. I got my results in 2 weeks and was all clear! Its not that bad, and its something I intend to keep doing, because you never know what somebody has, and I personally don't want my [censored] turning black and falling off... just my opinion though

Return to Top
#464754 - 12/05/05 05:31 PM Re: STD Test
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

I have gotten tested, and it was just done by blood. I got my results in 2 weeks and was all clear! Its not that bad, and its something I intend to keep doing, because you never know what somebody has, and I personally don't want my [censored] turning black and falling off... just my opinion though

LMAO*i agree totally except the whole turning black and falling off that couldn't happen to me, but that was hilarious

Return to Top
#464755 - 12/05/05 09:14 PM Re: STD Test
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you ever want to scare somebody into having safe and protected sex (maybe even turning to abstinence), find a medical book on Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Anytime we deployed and there was a chance we would go to a foriegn port, our Doc used to give training on why you should be careful about what your doing on the beach. Scariest picture book I have every seen in my life.

Seadevil

Return to Top
#464756 - 12/06/05 04:46 AM Re: STD Test
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
So why is it ok to talk about STD's and stuff turning black and falling off, but everyone is raising all kinds of crap about everything else?

Return to Top
#464757 - 12/07/05 06:55 PM Re: STD Test
02bonne Offline
Platinum Poster
Slick, why are you so bitter about STD tests? Any bad experiences you'd like to share?

I just had a test done. No symptoms or anything, just wanted to make sure. A girl I started seeing recently made me go get one. They don't even have to do the swab test for chlamydia (sp?). They can do a blood test for that now. Although the needle was worse when they took blood. I despise needles.

Return to Top
#464758 - 12/07/05 07:03 PM Re: STD Test
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Who said I was bitter? I just asked a question. And no I haven't had any bad experiences at all.
So hush ya face and mind your own business.
And I am just curious, what is your problem with me?

Return to Top
#464759 - 12/07/05 08:20 PM Re: STD Test
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Unreturned love... can't you tell.

Return to Top
#464760 - 12/07/05 08:42 PM Re: STD Test
02bonne Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Who said I was bitter? I just asked a question. And no I haven't had any bad experiences at all.
So hush ya face and mind your own business.
And I am just curious, what is your problem with me?

You just sounded bitter about people discussing STD tests.

No problem with you, just giving you a crap...nothing but love.

Return to Top
#464761 - 12/07/05 09:16 PM Re: STD Test
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

So why is it ok to talk about STD's and stuff turning black and falling off, but everyone is raising all kinds of crap about everything else?

Slick, I believe the distinction is that this is the couch and STD is a legitimate quasi-therapy related concern. The black falling off thing is probably a bit out of bounds for some puritans but I actually thought that it helps to illustrate a point within the context of the thread.
-RM

Return to Top
#464762 - 12/20/05 08:25 PM Re: STD Test
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is a very legitimate issue, and I personally just went through a couple months of agonizing about the stupid fling I had would ruin the rest of my life. Today I got a negative result (thank you God), and I can tell you I will never let my guard down again. There is too much to lose. Be careful be careful be careful.... hind sight is 20 20... This is one issue where you should be so very careful. I am so profoundly grateful that I was given this 2nd chance... sounds rather dramatic I know, but when you're facing the fear, it's very real. Sex is a very emotional issue.

Return to Top
#464763 - 12/20/05 09:05 PM Re: STD Test
02bonne Offline
Platinum Poster
I just passed one also. It only took about a week for results and no swab was necessary as about a year ago it was.

Return to Top
#464764 - 12/20/05 09:49 PM Re: STD Test
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

I just passed one also.

so what exactly is a passing grade for an STD? 75%? 80%? Did you have to study hard?

Return to Top
#464765 - 12/20/05 11:29 PM Re: STD Test
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
I remember back in college I used to get tested every six months. All they did was take blood...

Man I miss college!

Return to Top
#464766 - 12/21/05 05:26 AM Re: STD Test
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
I am so thankful that I don't have to worry about going and getting tested...and freaking out until I find out my results...because I was not cautious before letting my hormones rage...LOL...
Last edited by P's Mermaid; 12/21/05 05:27 AM.

Return to Top
#464767 - 12/21/05 09:17 PM Re: STD Test
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but how does the test protect you? If the test comes back positive, doesn't that mean you've already got something?

Return to Top
#464768 - 12/21/05 11:34 PM Re: STD Test
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

And, these diseases don't discriminate.

Really they do discriminate. STDs typically only attack those who are sexually active. They attack more often with those who have multiple partners. They don't attack those who use condoms as often as those who do not, except that condoms don't stop all STDs and they sometimes fail. They attack those who just have oral s e x. STDs attack gay men more often than others, its just the nature of the act (say no more to avoid TMI). They don't attack unmarried people in monogomous relationships, unless one of you decides that the lack of a ring, means the lack of exclusivity. They rarely attack those who were STD-free when they got married, unless one of you is unfaithful. They don't attack couples who did not have sex before marriage and who, after marriage, don't have sex with anyone they are not married to. Sadly, they do sometimes attack rape victims, but few of us are such victims.

I am not trying to preach. This post shouldn't be controversial. I am just saying that there are ways to prevent STDs. The only way to stop it cold is no sex. The other ways have mixed results. If you are having sex, you are at some level of risk.

Keep it safe out there.

Return to Top
#464769 - 12/27/05 08:30 PM Re: STD Test
Anonymous
Unregistered

i would like to get tested but i am too scared :-/

Return to Top
#464770 - 12/27/05 08:59 PM Re: STD Test
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was scared too, obsessively scared, but I realized I had to face the fear... and I got tested... and guess what... I don't have to worry any more... I will never take a chance again.

"While most of the things you've worried about have never happened, it's a different story with the things you haven't worried about. They are the ones that happen.--Ruth Rendell (Talking to Strange Men)"

Return to Top
#464771 - 12/27/05 09:09 PM Re: STD Test
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

And, these diseases don't discriminate.

Really they do discriminate. STDs typically only attack those who are sexually active. They attack more often with those who have multiple partners. They don't attack those who use condoms as often as those who do not, except that condoms don't stop all STDs and they sometimes fail. They attack those who just have oral s e x. STDs attack gay men more often than others, its just the nature of the act (say no more to avoid TMI). They don't attack unmarried people in monogomous relationships, unless one of you decides that the lack of a ring, means the lack of exclusivity. They rarely attack those who were STD-free when they got married, unless one of you is unfaithful. They don't attack couples who did not have sex before marriage and who, after marriage, don't have sex with anyone they are not married to. Sadly, they do sometimes attack rape victims, but few of us are such victims.

I am not trying to preach. This post shouldn't be controversial. I am just saying that there are ways to prevent STDs. The only way to stop it cold is no sex. The other ways have mixed results. If you are having sex, you are at some level of risk.

Keep it safe out there.

Abstinence is for people who don't get any. (hint hint mr anon poster )

Return to Top
#464772 - 12/28/05 01:37 PM Re: STD Test
Anonymous
Unregistered

when you go to the OB/GYN do you get a test like this?

Return to Top
#464773 - 12/28/05 09:02 PM Re: STD Test
Bankster Offline
Gold Star
Midwest
You only get tested at the gyno if you ask. My doctor told me that all females under 25 automatically get tested for chlamydia without being asked, just because that is the most common STD.

Return to Top
#464774 - 12/28/05 10:40 PM Re: STD Test
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
this post reminds me of that dave chapelle episode in season 2 "well hey gang dont hurt me it's little old me herpes i'm better than you best friend i'll stay with you till the end you wont see me everyday..but every few months i'll come say..." and its a big herpes singing its hilarious if you dont know what i'm talking about go rent dave chapelle season 2

Return to Top
#464775 - 12/29/05 07:23 PM Re: STD Test
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Don't scre me like that, Nun.

I saw an STD thread and then your moniker.
whew.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett