BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#840109 - 10/23/07 12:34 PM Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Good Morning to All. On this day when they are having firestorms in California, flooding again in New Orleans, and less than 60 days of water supplies in Atlanta, let's keep all of these in our thoughts and prayers today and in the coming days. Special prayers to those who have loved ones fighting the fires in California. They are brave and selfless souls who need the strength and determination to save hundreds and thousands of lives, and their own. Thanks!

Return to Top
#840112 - 10/23/07 12:36 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA Snow Bunny
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Amen

Return to Top
#840114 - 10/23/07 12:42 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA Skittles
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
amen again.

Return to Top
#840142 - 10/23/07 01:34 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA kitten
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Amen too.

Return to Top
#840149 - 10/23/07 01:43 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA pjs
Ready to Retire Offline
Diamond Poster
Living in the land of Oz
Its hard to believe that this is all happening in our country. Everyone involved needs out continued prayers.

I looked around my home last night and I said to my husband "What would you take if you had to evacuate and you knew that your house and everything in it was going to burn after you left. What would you decide to take?" I just can't imagine how these people are feeling right now.

Return to Top
#840253 - 10/23/07 03:37 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA Ready to Retire
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I thought of that also jdh. Couple were interviewed on tv this morning in front of what was their house and it was so painful to watch. I can't imagine looking at the remains and the news on the way to work stated that if the winds don't die down the fire could extend all the way to the ocean, thru San Diago!! Then the floods in LA and drought in GA!! Are they still draining the lake in Atlanta to Florida daily? What studpidity!

Return to Top
#840290 - 10/23/07 03:57 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA corkygirl
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
It's pretty scary looking at the news these days. I saw an interview this morning with a news reporter who had to report on a fire in his neighborhood (he watched his house burn to the ground). It was a really moving interview. He said he was at least grateful to know what happened to his house - so many of the evacuees don't know.

Return to Top
#840305 - 10/23/07 04:07 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA hmdagal
Ledeana Offline
Diamond Poster
California
I saw a couple on tv this morning that were being interviewed in front of what used to be their home. They told the interviewer that they were not insured. I almost cried. I can't imagine losing everything, not being insured, and then trying to pick up the pieces and start over. It must be overwhelming.

Return to Top
#840306 - 10/23/07 04:08 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA hmdagal
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
My heart just sank when I read that. How horrible. I just can't imagine; and I hope I never have to.

Return to Top
#840325 - 10/23/07 04:21 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA Ledeana
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
REALLY??!!! Not insured? How can that happen??? I can understand not having flood insurance unless required. But HO includes fire and that's required if they had a mortgage, right? And if they had enough $$ to own it outright, you'd think they'd know enough to have insurance. omg, I cannot imagine how that could happen let alone how devesatating that must be.

Prayers for all.

Return to Top
#840396 - 10/23/07 04:55 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA Ledeana
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: crmowannabe
They told the interviewer that they were not insured.

Well that is not very bright, nor responsible, on their part and considering where they live.

Too bad, but so sad...that is one expensive lesson to learn the hard way.

I find it hard to sympathize in these situations.

Return to Top
#840404 - 10/23/07 04:59 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA Truffle Royale
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Prayers needed for my peeps...

Emily, Lerik, and unborn baby
Kerry and Kelly
Lyndsey
Byron and Jeanne
Mike and Desi
Erik's parents
Erik's brother, SIL, and nephews
Brenna and daughters
Ben's parents
Mike's parents
my boss and her husband
my cousin's aunt and cousin
Baruch's business
Derick's dad and wife
My ---'s roommates parents
john and his fiance

Return to Top
#840461 - 10/23/07 05:25 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA corkygirl
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA

Return to Top
#840466 - 10/23/07 05:28 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA Bagweaver
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
They are all in my thoughts...

Return to Top
#840504 - 10/23/07 05:51 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA Retired DQ
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Dip - Prayers for all of them from Pa!

Re Insurance - My husband's company has a facility in Rancho Bernardo. He was speaking with someone who works there. They carry a special Rider on the policy for fires. It costs them over $3000/year. Maybe that's what the couple meant.

Return to Top
#841814 - 10/24/07 09:30 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA Snow Bunny
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
It could be they rented and didn't have renters insurance.

This makes me think we need to start our another Pray/Positive thought Thread like we used to have.

I want to add My friend Mike's family. Mike, age 48 died yesterday from complication of pneumonia. His stepson has been in the hospital for the last month near death from a car accident. He still has half his skull removed (packed in his stomach) but has recently started recognizing people.

Mike has two other sons. His wife now has to deal with buring Mike and continuing to care for her son.

Mike was the executive director of a local CDC and a wonderful and caring person. He really did a lot for community development. He will really will be missed.

Return to Top
#841954 - 10/25/07 04:37 AM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA CRAatBOK
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
KC - prayers for your friends. May they have the strength to deal with all that they have been handed, and may those around them (you included) have strength and wisdom to open your hearts to them also.

Return to Top
#841969 - 10/25/07 11:51 AM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA Snow Bunny
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Prayers heading your way from MI KC. Especially for Mike's wife and sons. They will need lots of support, both emotional and spiritual, in the coming months!

Return to Top
#841973 - 10/25/07 12:13 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA TINKerBell
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Prayers from Ohio KC. Thoughts too.

Return to Top
#842041 - 10/25/07 01:24 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA pjs
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Prayers for everyone affected by the fires, flood, and drought. Prayers for Mike's family during this difficult time. May God give them strength.

KC, I can pull together another prayer thread, but they were difficult to keep up to date. People don't always provide new info and I'm hesitant to remove someone without hearing from the person who posted the request. Recommendations on managing the prayer thread would be appreciated.
Prior Prayer Thread:

http://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbth...e=0&fpart=1

Last edited by waldensouth; 10/25/07 01:29 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#842121 - 10/25/07 02:11 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA waldensouth
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Insurance has gotten so expensive that many people have to decide whether to pay the insurance or pay for the medications that keep them alive or pay for groceries.

We have on several occasions discussed dropping our home insurance on our Florida property, considering how hard it was for people to collect their insurance when Hurricane Charlie hit so many in the area. But, we just don't want to take the chance of being without it.

Return to Top
#842125 - 10/25/07 02:13 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA Nanwa
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Oops, sorry, I am so tired this morning, I forgot to include my prayers to all those suffering from the fires, floods, and water shortages.

Return to Top
#842184 - 10/25/07 02:41 PM Re: Prayers Needed - CA/LA/GA waldensouth
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
walden, maybe the prayer thread should be allowed to manage itself. If someone posts a request, they are responsible for coming back and updating it or letting others know their prayers are appreciated. Another suggestion would be to end the thread regularly, say monthly, and start again. That would bring people back to update and catch up on any news.

I'd also like to suggest we include prayers of thanks and gratitude, not just need. At the moment, I'm thankful that the winds have changed and CA may have a chance to begin to recover from the devistation. Prayers of gratitude too for the rain in the south. And mostly I'm saying a big thank you to Him for the Hand He has on my Gracie. He works in strange ways sometimes, doesn't He?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett