Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#464475 - 12/01/05 04:03 PM Money Market Savings Violation?
jef8111 Offline
The public library comes to the branch regularly, completes a withdrawal slip and uses the withdrawal to transfer money to another account of theirs in the bank. This works well for them and is not a reg d violation.
They also come in, complete a withdrawal slip and then wire money out of their money market savings to another institution. Would this be considered a violation if they exceed 3 per statement cycle, since they physically come to our office to complete the transaction?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#464476 - 12/01/05 04:29 PM Re: Money Market Savings Violation?
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
Per my understanding, if they came in physically to your branch, it would not be counted towards the limitations.

I always try to remember that if they had to get off their keister to complete the transaction (except sitting on their keister in front of an ATM) it doesn't count.

It's such a confusing reg!

Return to Top
#464477 - 12/05/05 02:47 PM Re: Money Market Savings Violation?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Since they make a withdrawal, and then wire, there is no third party, just the bank and the customer. It is an OTC transaction and would be excluded. If they requested it as an automatic debit and wire each month the answer would be different.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett