Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1415009 - 07/14/10 07:25 PM MMA to checking other options?
melmac Offline
We are trying to find a solution for a very large new customer. They have a large amount in their MMA investment at all times, they want to keep a very minimum amount in their business checking account. However, the customer writes very large checks quite often and therefore we have to transfer out of the MMA acct to the checking to cover. Well in a matter of 10 days there was 5 transfers. Is there some other way to do this for the customer? another type of account, would it be better to let the checking acct be overdrawn for the week then on Fridays transfer enough to cover the OD and the minimum amount wanted in the checking acct? Oh and none of the transfers have been in person. He is stating the bank he left was able to work this out without a problem. Help!

And yes you can probably tell from my description I am a newbie!!

Thanks
Mel

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1415012 - 07/14/10 07:29 PM Re: MMA to checking other options? melmac
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
If this is a sole proprietorship, I believe he is eligible for a NOW account. Would that be feasible?

Return to Top
#1415014 - 07/14/10 07:33 PM Re: MMA to checking other options? Doug Hendrickson
melmac Offline
Nope corporation....

Return to Top
#1415021 - 07/14/10 07:46 PM Re: MMA to checking other options? melmac
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"He is stating the bank he left was able to work this out without a problem."

Sure it was no problem - why did he leave then???? He is limited to 6 such transfers a month - end of story. Letting the OD's accumulate free of charge until Friday is just a tactic to get around the transaction limitations and the regulator are going to see right thru that tactic.

Return to Top
#1415052 - 07/14/10 08:15 PM Re: MMA to checking other options? rlcarey
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Another investment option is a repo.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett