BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1972095 - 10/27/14 03:20 PM Regulation D Covered Transaction Question
Cedar Point Guy Offline
Platinum Poster
Cedar Point Guy
Cedar Point
Hi All,

With regards to the six covered transfers for regulation D, would one of the covered transfers be for the bank taking out fees with regards to a covered transfer? Example: Business money market account where the customer has 5 wire transfers out of the money market account. The bank charges the customer a fee that is taken out once a month for the wire transfers. Would the fee that is taken out by the bank and paid to the bank be considered a covered transfer and put the customer at the six covered transfers?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1972154 - 10/27/14 06:25 PM Re: Regulation D Covered Transaction Question Cedar Point Guy
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I don't count bank fees as a covered withdrawal.

Return to Top
#1972179 - 10/27/14 07:20 PM Re: Regulation D Covered Transaction Question Cedar Point Guy
ComplianceGurl, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
FWIW: We do not either.

Return to Top
#1972255 - 10/27/14 09:09 PM Re: Regulation D Covered Transaction Question Cedar Point Guy
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
Ditto

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett