Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2241613 - 08/26/20 04:13 PM Product Requiring E-Statements
Believing... Offline
Gold Star
In the mountains
The bank has one product that requires e-statements. The TISA states that customers must enroll in online banking and e-Statements within 60 days of account opening or the account would be converted to a regular checking account with a monthly service charge. Apparently we are having several customers who are not enrolling for e-Statements within the allotted time frame and management would just like to do away with converting the account to the other product and charge a fee if the customer does not enroll instead. I hate to discontinue an account that was created specifically for this purpose. We have other accounts that are service-charge free, so I don't know if CSRs are selling a product that does not suit the needs of the customer, or if our customers just procrastinate. Eventually they wind up with letter and new disclosure in hand and tell us they do not want the new account. So, is it advisable to add a service charge to this account and waive it for those who follow the rules? It feels like punishment to me.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2245858 - 11/24/20 10:13 PM Re: Product Requiring E-Statements Believing...
small town texas Offline
New Poster
Central Texas
We only offer one type of regular "checking" account (I'm not counting NOW and Money Market accounts. This account has a paper statement fee. If the customer doesn't enroll, they will be charged that fee. If the e-Statement is returned, we turn off the e-Statements and they will start being charged the paper statement fee.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett