Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2265031 - 01/21/22 10:45 PM Real Time Payments and TCH
TeamComply Offline
Platinum Poster
For those already participating in RTPs through The Clearing House, what is your RTP risk-assessment comprised of? We are looking to participate, but plan to start by just receiving RTPs and will add sending RTPs at a later date.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2265043 - 01/24/22 12:46 PM Re: Real Time Payments and TCH TeamComply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Can you just be a receiving participant?

A Participant must be (i) either a Funding Participant or a Non-funding Participant, and (ii) a Receiving Participant.

Other than that, you need to make sure good funds are there and that there is no question that the recipient is the intended recipient. since transactions are irrevocable.

That is just a laypersons perspective. I am not really that familiar with the product.

Return to Top
#2265053 - 01/24/22 03:53 PM Re: Real Time Payments and TCH TeamComply
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
yes, you may choose to simply be a receiver of RTP, just as some banks still are receivers of ACH but do not originate ACH. you can be set up as an originator of RTP, but if you don't offer the product to your clients, then you are not originating.

edited: in fact, i believe the last chart of RTP usage i saw from TCH showed the vast majority of banks signed up for RTP via their portal was receive only, very few originating
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 01/24/22 03:54 PM.

Return to Top
#2265055 - 01/24/22 03:56 PM Re: Real Time Payments and TCH TeamComply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I was just quoting the participant rules, so you may be correct, but that is not what they say.

https://www.theclearinghouse.org/-/...icipation_rules_effective_02-01-2022.pdf

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett