Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1354152 - 03/09/10 02:13 AM Reg E Opt-In for each account
Paul Marshall Offline
If a debit card is linked to 3 accounts will three letters or opt-in notices have to be sent or can they be combined on one form?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1354172 - 03/09/10 12:23 PM Re: Reg E Opt-In for each account Paul Marshall
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The consumer must be able to make a different decision for each account. You could list all three accounts on a single form, but the consumer would have to be able to make a choice for each account separately.

Return to Top
#1354205 - 03/09/10 02:02 PM Re: Reg E Opt-In for each account Elwood P. Dowd
Shopgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
Southeast
Ken,
Can we, in the initial disclosure, indicate that the consent will apply to all applicable accounts of that customer unless the customer indicates which accounts will not apply?

Return to Top
#1354247 - 03/09/10 03:02 PM Re: Reg E Opt-In for each account Shopgirl
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I wouldn't advocate messing with the disclosure; the Fed takes a proprietary interest in it, warts and all. You could include that sort of instruction on the form the consumer uses to opt-in. However, the last thing you want to do is confuse the customer. Make things as transparent and simple as possible; you want customers to opt-in without having to ask a lot of questions.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1354545 - 03/09/10 07:40 PM Re: Reg E Opt-In for each account John Burnett
Shopgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
Southeast
Thanks for your advice John......it is always taken. My thought was that including on all accounts to me would be less confusing for the customer. Some customers (I know as crazy as it might seem) might not even realize some accuounts that will need it.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett