Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1986610 - 01/06/15 07:34 PM Fee Increase for Non-customer 30 day notice ???
Cedar Point Guy Offline
Platinum Poster
Cedar Point Guy
Cedar Point
Hi All,

Is there a requirement for the bank to notify customers (by mailing) and non-customers(by lobby notice) if the bank wants to increase a fee that would be charged to non-customers? Example: the bank wants to increase a large cash withdrawal fee or the fee for cashing an on-us check for non-customers. Do I have to provide a 30 day notice of the fee increase? Since the fee is not associated with a customer of the bank, do I have to disclose the fee on the banks schedule of fees? Example: does my schedule of fees have to list a fee for cashing an on-us check for a non-customer?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#1986631 - 01/06/15 08:07 PM Re: Fee Increase for Non-customer 30 day notice ??? Cedar Point Guy
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If it is fee you charge to non-customers, why do you have to notify your customers???

If a non-customer walks up and wants to cash a check, you tell them the fee and they proceed with the transaction or take the check elsewhere.

Unless you have some sort of State law that says you have to post such information.

Return to Top
#1986660 - 01/06/15 08:56 PM Re: Fee Increase for Non-customer 30 day notice ??? Cedar Point Guy
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey

Return to Top
#1986787 - 01/07/15 02:05 PM Re: Fee Increase for Non-customer 30 day notice ??? Cedar Point Guy
Cedar Point Guy Offline
Platinum Poster
Cedar Point Guy
Cedar Point
Thank you. That is what I thought just was not sure if it needed to be posted somewhere or not.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett