Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2240618 - 08/04/20 05:27 PM Reg. E Dispute - Correction Notice on Statement
Noah Wiseman Offline
New Poster
Regulation E 1005.11 (c) commentary allows for a Bank to include the notice of correction of a dispute on a periodic statement "that is mailed or delivered within the 10-business-day or 45-calendar-day time limits and that clearly identifies the correction to the consumer's account."

My question is, when they say "time limits" are they referring to (1) the "three business days after completing its investigation" OR (2) are they allowing the notice of correction to be sent within 10 business days or 45 calendar days (when provisional credit is provided)?

If the first, then it probably is not worth pursuing because how often does a dispute investigation conclude lining up within 3 business days of when the statement will be mailed/provided.

Thanks in advance for any information you are able to provide.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2240622 - 08/04/20 05:52 PM Re: Reg. E Dispute - Correction Notice on Statement Noah Wiseman
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
I have always understood it to mean that all rules notification still apply. I agree that it really isn't worth trying to set up, and only causes more opportunities to get the timing wrong. I would highly suggest simply creating a letter that can be mailed when needed rather than trying to get it included with a statement.

Return to Top
#2240636 - 08/04/20 08:20 PM Re: Reg. E Dispute - Correction Notice on Statement Noah Wiseman
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Given the number of customers who pay prompt attention to statements, I'd stay away from that concept.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett