Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#464376 - 12/01/05 01:04 PM FACT act exam issues anyone?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
We are not scheduled until next year for our exam, but I am wondering if anyone has any feedback as to what the examiners are looking at regarding FCRA/FACT during examinations.

Thanks.
Examiners are looking at FACT/FCRA?
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 12/01/05 01:03 PM
View Results

Return to Top
#464377 - 12/01/05 03:03 PM Re: FACT act exam issues anyone?
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you are an OCC bank you might want to pay attention to the new examination procedures.

The other regulators are probably not far behind.

Return to Top
#464378 - 12/01/05 03:16 PM Re: FACT act exam issues anyone?
juliad Offline
Gold Star
juliad
Dallas, TX
DQ

We recently had an exam and the OCC looked over our implementation plan, policy and procedures. They had minor suggestions for our procedures for clarification purposes - not a big deal. As far as I know they didn't do any transactional testing this time around.

Oh - I should add the exam procedures weren't out yet when they were here, but I made sure to read them and will ensure we are covering our bases.
Last edited by juliad; 12/01/05 03:17 PM.

Return to Top
#464379 - 12/01/05 03:25 PM Re: FACT act exam issues anyone?
Ted Dreyer Offline
Diamond Poster
Ted Dreyer
The problem is that many of the most significant changes from the FACT Act are not in effect yet because regulations have not been issued. If these come out and are effective before your exam, the landscape could change considerably from the situation now.

Return to Top
#464380 - 12/01/05 07:34 PM Re: FACT act exam issues anyone?
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

DQ

We recently had an exam and the OCC looked over our implementation plan, policy and procedures. They had minor suggestions for our procedures for clarification purposes - not a big deal. As far as I know they didn't do any transactional testing this time around.

Oh - I should add the exam procedures weren't out yet when they were here, but I made sure to read them and will ensure we are covering our bases.

Pretty much the same here. One minor comment about recordkeeping on training, but nothing substantive. They were really looking to make sure we had a good process in place for implementation.

Return to Top
#464381 - 12/01/05 08:16 PM Re: FACT act exam issues anyone?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Thanks all, I wasn't really worried about it, but was sort of wondering if they even were looking at it.

(Our training is documented... )

Return to Top
#464382 - 12/14/05 05:33 PM Re: FACT act exam issues anyone?
Dabba Offline
Dabba
TN
Anyone have an audit experience with the FDIC for FACT Act? Thanks!

Return to Top
#464383 - 12/16/05 09:28 PM Re: FACT act exam issues anyone?
Sheryl R Offline
Gold Star
Sheryl R
Cedar Rapids, IA,
Just completed FDIC Compliance Exam and they asked for forms, they quizzed us about how we initially notified consumers of negative information and on an ongoing basis, identity theft, fraud alerts, repolluting the credit bureau, use of credit scores on home secured loans, and I'm sure during their file review they were looking for these forms. They did ask about medical information even though it's not yet effective.

Return to Top
#464384 - 12/17/05 05:04 PM Re: FACT act exam issues anyone?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top